Multi language payment plugins?
12 years 2 months ago #162735
by Ch3vr0n
Multi language payment plugins? was created by Ch3vr0n
I have a particular issue. I decided to create my multi language site without the use of extensions like joomfish because I don't trust (semi-) automatic translated content. Now I have setup 2 payment plugins (PayPal and wire transfer) with some explanatory text alongside. But I'm pretty sure this descriptive text is single language, can this become dual language?
The main reason I need this is the wire transfer plugin. The page it generates is single language, however I need it dual language (NL and EN). As in 1 wire transfer plugin for NL and 1 for EN where the displayed bank details would be in their respective language bit I cannot figure out how to do this. Is this even possible? If not can this functionality be added to either the shop itself or the plugins?
The main reason I need this is the wire transfer plugin. The page it generates is single language, however I need it dual language (NL and EN). As in 1 wire transfer plugin for NL and 1 for EN where the displayed bank details would be in their respective language bit I cannot figure out how to do this. Is this even possible? If not can this functionality be added to either the shop itself or the plugins?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 2 months ago #162758
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Multi language payment plugins?
Hello,
If you don't want to use any extension, the solution will probably be to create multiple payment methods for each language, and set a "zone" restriction, so that your payment methods will only be displayed in the good zone and in the good language.
If you don't want to use any extension, the solution will probably be to create multiple payment methods for each language, and set a "zone" restriction, so that your payment methods will only be displayed in the good zone and in the good language.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #162856
by Ch3vr0n
Replied by Ch3vr0n on topic Multi language payment plugins?
There's 238 zones but lets see if i get this straight before i go ahead and do this
Dual language site nl/en
setup 4 payment plugins
Paypal-NL (with nl description): zone restriction netherlands and belgium
WiretransferNL: same zone restriction
Paypal-EN(english description): everything else (236 zones)
WiretransferEN: same
the top 2 would only appear for netherlands and belgium and bottom 2 for everything else (like france for example
) Can it not be done via Restrictions > zone restriction > payment zones?
Dual language site nl/en
setup 4 payment plugins
Paypal-NL (with nl description): zone restriction netherlands and belgium
WiretransferNL: same zone restriction
Paypal-EN(english description): everything else (236 zones)
WiretransferEN: same
the top 2 would only appear for netherlands and belgium and bottom 2 for everything else (like france for example
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #162898
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Multi language payment plugins?
Hi,
I have to disagree with Mohamed here.
Yes, you can use the payment methods zone restriction in order to have the text of the payment method vary based on the customer address country, but not its language.
It would actually be simpler to just enter a translation key in the "information" field of your payment method and then add that translation key as a translation override so that it will be replaced by the correct text based on the current language of the website.
I have to disagree with Mohamed here.
Yes, you can use the payment methods zone restriction in order to have the text of the payment method vary based on the customer address country, but not its language.
It would actually be simpler to just enter a translation key in the "information" field of your payment method and then add that translation key as a translation override so that it will be replaced by the correct text based on the current language of the website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #162955
by Ch3vr0n
Replied by Ch3vr0n on topic Multi language payment plugins?
Feel free to tell me how to do it and I will look into it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #162956
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Multi language payment plugins?
Hi,
In the information field, you have to enter a string like:
MY_PAYMENT_METHOD_INFORMATION
And make a translation override like:
MY_PAYMENT_METHOD_INFORMATION="This is my payment method informations in english"
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.html#tran
In the information field, you have to enter a string like:
MY_PAYMENT_METHOD_INFORMATION
And make a translation override like:
MY_PAYMENT_METHOD_INFORMATION="This is my payment method informations in english"
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.html#tran
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds