Akeeba Subscriptions & Custom Payment Gateway
- nowherenowhere
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #165112
by nowherenowhere
Believe in Better
Akeeba Subscriptions & Custom Payment Gateway was created by nowherenowhere
Hi Guys,
I'm creating an ecommerce site to sell hosting. We will have subscriptions, I've installed Akeeba subs. Configured groups, levels etc... I have a problem. I'm here in South Africa, I've coded a custom payment gateway for payfast. I'd like the subs to run through this gateway - can I do it?
I see paygate here also offer the recurring billing... but still there are some problems with this system. When I try adding any subscription I get no payment method - even if I've enabled all of them in Akeeba Subs. I also cannot find the paypal recurring payments plugin - Just Paypal, Paypal Pro and Paypal Express.. Its a bit of a mess - isnt there a better way?
I'm creating an ecommerce site to sell hosting. We will have subscriptions, I've installed Akeeba subs. Configured groups, levels etc... I have a problem. I'm here in South Africa, I've coded a custom payment gateway for payfast. I'd like the subs to run through this gateway - can I do it?
I see paygate here also offer the recurring billing... but still there are some problems with this system. When I try adding any subscription I get no payment method - even if I've enabled all of them in Akeeba Subs. I also cannot find the paypal recurring payments plugin - Just Paypal, Paypal Pro and Paypal Express.. Its a bit of a mess - isnt there a better way?
Believe in Better
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by nowherenowhere.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #165188
by bonzomedia
Replied by bonzomedia on topic Akeeba Subscriptions & Custom Payment Gateway
You do know that Akeeba are no longer developing Akeeba Subs?
You might be better looking at Emerald 9 from mintjoomla. This is a fully featured member and subscription management component and has had great feedback. They also have a PayFast payment gateway.
www.mintjoomla.com/joomla-components/emerald.html
Hope this helps...
You might be better looking at Emerald 9 from mintjoomla. This is a fully featured member and subscription management component and has had great feedback. They also have a PayFast payment gateway.
www.mintjoomla.com/joomla-components/emerald.html
Hope this helps...
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bonzomedia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nowherenowhere
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165130
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Akeeba Subscriptions & Custom Payment Gateway
Hi,
If PayFast support recurring payments, so yes you can do it.
As example you can look at the plugin "paypal recurring" in order to see how it work.
The plugin is available here:
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...a-subscriptions.html
To display the payment method for recurring payments, you need to return "$method->recurring = 1;" in the function onPaymentDisplay(); Looking at the plugin is the best solution
If PayFast support recurring payments, so yes you can do it.
As example you can look at the plugin "paypal recurring" in order to see how it work.
The plugin is available here:
hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...a-subscriptions.html
To display the payment method for recurring payments, you need to return "$method->recurring = 1;" in the function onPaymentDisplay(); Looking at the plugin is the best solution
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nowherenowhere
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #165240
by nowherenowhere
Believe in Better
Replied by nowherenowhere on topic Akeeba Subscriptions & Custom Payment Gateway
Wow this mintjoomla thing looks stunning... but will it play nicely with Hikashop?
WOW... I just checked their site - looks like it will... hey in that case you cats at Hika should start pushing business that way... Dont get eme wrong akeeba are awesome but in this case you cannot in good faith steer people to use an obsolete system...
WOW... I just checked their site - looks like it will... hey in that case you cats at Hika should start pushing business that way... Dont get eme wrong akeeba are awesome but in this case you cannot in good faith steer people to use an obsolete system...
Believe in Better
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by nowherenowhere. Reason: new info
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165241
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Akeeba Subscriptions & Custom Payment Gateway
Hi,
We don't have integration with that component, it will actually more work as standalone.
We don't have integration with that component, it will actually more work as standalone.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 131
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #165330
by bonzomedia
Replied by bonzomedia on topic Akeeba Subscriptions & Custom Payment Gateway
Xavier,
akeebasubs is finished and in end of life mode.
I think you'll find that the guys at mintjoomla have done the integration work to allow the memberships to be sold through Hikashop
www.mintjoomla.com/download/joomla-3/ite...action-hikashop.html
I'm not connected with them in any way, but have been blown away with the quality of their support and the depth of knowledge that they have.
These are the guys that have also built a 2checkout payment plug-in for Hikashop. I asked them whether they could add a new mode to the plugin to support a new mode where the payment appears to be inline on a Hikashop site (it's not, it simply presents the card capture in an iframe), and boom, it was done in a few hours....
akeebasubs is finished and in end of life mode.
I think you'll find that the guys at mintjoomla have done the integration work to allow the memberships to be sold through Hikashop
www.mintjoomla.com/download/joomla-3/ite...action-hikashop.html
I'm not connected with them in any way, but have been blown away with the quality of their support and the depth of knowledge that they have.
These are the guys that have also built a 2checkout payment plug-in for Hikashop. I asked them whether they could add a new mode to the plugin to support a new mode where the payment appears to be inline on a Hikashop site (it's not, it simply presents the card capture in an iframe), and boom, it was done in a few hours....
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bonzomedia. Reason: added hikashop/emerald link
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165342
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Akeeba Subscriptions & Custom Payment Gateway
Hi,
That's great. We didn't know they had made an integration between Emerald and HikaShop !
I've added a link to in on our documentation.
Thanks for the information.
That's great. We didn't know they had made an integration between Emerald and HikaShop !
I've added a link to in on our documentation.
Thanks for the information.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds