- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
AUP give user option to use points or not
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi Hikashop Team,
I'm trying to give the option to the users to either use the points or not, and if using, allow them to choose how many points to use. I've installed AlphaUserPoints and pretty much have the same settings as this fellow: hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/86617...erpoints.html#145743
Details in screenshots.
As you can see just by being logged in, the first step of my checkout process already forces the use to spend all her points. I also tried all combination of "use virtual coupons" and "ask for no coupon", seems like only if i set "no" to the prior and "yes" to the latter will the option to spends points or not appear during checkout process. But I'd really like to use virtual coupons, and even if i give that up and choose the "pay with points" option, the points don't get deducted until I press the Finish button at the end of checkout, causing very confusing experience!
Then there's also the aforementioned: allow user to choose how many points to use.
Sorry for the long string of questions/comments but I really dug up the entire forum before posting, hope to hear your reply soon, thanks a lot!
-Leong
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please do not use the plugin "AlphaUserPoints" but only the plugins "User Points".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
"ask for no coupon" is working only with the "virtual coupon" mode.
Your screenshots does not provide useful information about your problem. We don't see correctly your checkout or your plugin configurations. So it will be complicated to provide you good answers.
And please, understand that "latest" is not a version number.
regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
For payment methods i'm using HikaShop Paypal payment plugin and HikaShop User Points payment plugin (ss)
In plugin manager I only have HikaShop User Points payment plugin and HikaShop User Points plugin enabled
With these settings the checkout forces the user to spend all points.
I've named the screenshots, hope this illustrates the problem better this time. thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks.
I see that you have create a configuration (instance) for the plugin "hikashoppayment / user points" but I don't see one for the plugin "hikashop / user points" (the configuration to specify how gain points).
About the Joomla configuration of "user points", you specified "confirmed" but I will recommend you "confirmed,shipped" in order to not remove points to the customer when you will ship the order.
The step "HikaShop user points" is in the third step so you can't see it in the first step of the checkout, where you just have the cart. At this moment I don't understand the problem because ; yes for sure the cart will show the deduction of the points.
The plugin has been made to read a cookie in order to know if it remove or not the points, but if there is no cookie the function of the plugin is not trigger and it's like you don't have the step "HikaShop user points" in your checkout workflow.
So, what is the problem ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've taken your recommendation, and attached a screenshot which I think is the one thats missing (gaining points).
So the problem is that, I want to show my customers how many points they have, ask them whether to use it or not, and if using points, how many points to use. All of this during the checkout process.
Thanks,
Leong
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
And it is done during the step "payment", not during the step "cart".
But we don't have any screenshot of that checkout step, there is just the screenshot of the checkout cart so, it is not possible to help you.
As I said:
The step "HikaShop user points" is in the third step so you can't see it in the first step of the checkout, where you just have the cart. At this moment I don't understand the problem because ; yes for sure the cart will show the deduction of the points.
The plugin has been made to read a cookie in order to know if it remove or not the points, but if there is no cookie the function of the plugin is not trigger and it's like you don't have the step "HikaShop user points" in your checkout workflow.
You wrote in your first message
Which is right but because your workflow is not good.the first step of my checkout process already forces the use to spend all her points
Please change your checkout workflow to something more useful for your customers.
Do not display the "cart status" before the login, do not display the "user points" without the cart/cart status (because nobody will understand otherwise).
And please, please ! Provide a screenshot of your checkout workflow for the step where you have the "user points".
Not the first step (with cart status), not the fourth step (with cart/status/coupon), the third one with "payment / user points".
Thanks to take my recommendation but please, but please, take them all.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm having the same question with this post. Now I have set up user point payment but during the payment process, hikashop will use all the points the users have. What I want to do is to allow the users to choose whether or not to use the point, and if using , allow them to input how many points they want to use.
Thanks.
Robin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please follow the instruction "More configuration" in that documentation
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...57-using-points.html
Thanks to the setting in the Joomla part of "user points" plugin ; you will have a new available "step" for your checkout workflow.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However, I do not see the "new available step for checkout workflow" which can display to the customer the number of points he got and allow him to use or not his points to create a discount. Where is this option?
I have attached all the screenshots and also the checkout steps on our website. As you can see, the points are automatically applied and there is no option for the customer to choose whether or not to use his points. Please advise.
EDIT: I've found the option now, it's under Extensions > Plugins > HikaShop User Points plugin. It's all working as intended now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please do not duplicate your messages in order to help the support team to not loose time answering several time to the exact same question.
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...alphauserpoints.html
Thanks for your understanding.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.