- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 0
Charging a credit card surcharge
12 years 1 month ago - 11 years 6 months ago #167367
by edward68
Charging a credit card surcharge was created by edward68
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.raydz.com.au/shop-front
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
Hello, I have got the migs pay by credit card option enabled and configured. My card company charges a surcharge on credit card transactions under $500. I need to set up Hikashop to be able to charge the surcharge only if the purchase amounts are under $500. Is this possible and if so how do I go about it please?
Thanks.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
Hello, I have got the migs pay by credit card option enabled and configured. My card company charges a surcharge on credit card transactions under $500. I need to set up Hikashop to be able to charge the surcharge only if the purchase amounts are under $500. Is this possible and if so how do I go about it please?
Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by edward68.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 1 month ago #167387
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Charging a credit card surcharge
Hello
The solution will be to create 2 "migs pay by credit card" payment methods through "Hikashop->System->Payment methods" and for the first payment method :
- Set a the "surgcharge" value through the "Price" option
- Set the "Maximum price" option to 500
For the second payment method :
- Set the "Minimum price" option to 500
The solution will be to create 2 "migs pay by credit card" payment methods through "Hikashop->System->Payment methods" and for the first payment method :
- Set a the "surgcharge" value through the "Price" option
- Set the "Maximum price" option to 500
For the second payment method :
- Set the "Minimum price" option to 500
The following user(s) said Thank You: PolishedGeek, edward68
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168905
by edward68
Replied by edward68 on topic Charging a credit card surcharge
Hello, I am not too sure that I follow what you are explaining to me. I can easily create the 2 migs methods but how do I set a surcharge value through the Price option? The Price option that I see is a dollar value and the card surcharge is a percentage value. I also don't see a Maximum or Minimum Price option. I have the paid version on Hikashop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168933
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Charging a credit card surcharge
Hi,
Under the "price" you can see a percentage field. But thanks to give more informations about this percentage as I am not sure that this one is what you need.
Regarding the restrictions, you have to check the "restrictions" checkbox and then you will see the mini and maxi price limitations.
As Mohamed said, the first method must have a fee set in percentage and a restriction for max price = 500
Then the second method must only have a restriction on min price = 500.01
Under the "price" you can see a percentage field. But thanks to give more informations about this percentage as I am not sure that this one is what you need.
Regarding the restrictions, you have to check the "restrictions" checkbox and then you will see the mini and maxi price limitations.
As Mohamed said, the first method must have a fee set in percentage and a restriction for max price = 500
Then the second method must only have a restriction on min price = 500.01
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #178223
by edward68
Replied by edward68 on topic Charging a credit card surcharge
Hello. I managed to get it done using the method provided by Mohamed .
Thanks for the responses.
Thanks for the responses.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds