- Posts: 72
- Thank you received: 0
Paypal and AED (united Arab Emirates Dirham)
11 years 6 months ago #196566
by mymall
Paypal and AED (united Arab Emirates Dirham) was created by mymall
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12
Dear Sir
I went through the forum and understood that if paypal payment did not show in the checkout this means the currency is not supported by paypal.
our shop has default currency as AED, so we have an issue to show the paypal payment
my question, is there a way that during checkout, and on the payment step, to present a message to them telling that the payment currency will be in USD and auto convert the currency of the cart to USD so the paypal payment will work
Please advice
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12
Dear Sir
I went through the forum and understood that if paypal payment did not show in the checkout this means the currency is not supported by paypal.
our shop has default currency as AED, so we have an issue to show the paypal payment
my question, is there a way that during checkout, and on the payment step, to present a message to them telling that the payment currency will be in USD and auto convert the currency of the cart to USD so the paypal payment will work
Please advice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196599
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal and AED (united Arab Emirates Dirham)
Hi,
That's possible yes.
Set your default currency as USD, unpublish the AED currency but keep it displayed.
Then, configure the geolocation plugin in order to set the AED curency for the country zones where you want that currency to be the default one.
That way, the default currency when you arrive on the website will be AED and the checkout will force the USD currency with a message explaining that the order has to be made in USD.
That's possible yes.
Set your default currency as USD, unpublish the AED currency but keep it displayed.
Then, configure the geolocation plugin in order to set the AED curency for the country zones where you want that currency to be the default one.
That way, the default currency when you arrive on the website will be AED and the checkout will force the USD currency with a message explaining that the order has to be made in USD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mymall
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #222297
by elenora
Replied by elenora on topic Paypal and AED (united Arab Emirates Dirham)
Hello
I didn't want to open new topic, so I used this one, which is similar.
In my shop I want that the prices of individual products are various in different countries (using the Geolocation plugin). I managed the installation of a new currency, which then varies depending on the country. But the new currency is "fictitious" and the PayPal plugin can’t recognize it. So the payment through PayPal is disabled. I want the prices and payment in Euros.
Does anyone have any suggestion how to solve the resulting problems?
Thanks in advance
I didn't want to open new topic, so I used this one, which is similar.
In my shop I want that the prices of individual products are various in different countries (using the Geolocation plugin). I managed the installation of a new currency, which then varies depending on the country. But the new currency is "fictitious" and the PayPal plugin can’t recognize it. So the payment through PayPal is disabled. I want the prices and payment in Euros.
Does anyone have any suggestion how to solve the resulting problems?
Thanks in advance
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by elenora.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #222306
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Paypal and AED (united Arab Emirates Dirham)
Hi,
Please open a new topic.
Regards,
Please open a new topic.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds