- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 2
Instalment Payments only for certain products
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #197026
by ozwest
Instalment Payments only for certain products was created by ozwest
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
livelifeyou.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari, Chrome, Firefox
I have setup instalments payments (together with Akeeba subscriptions) a while ago. At that time it allowed all products to have the instalment payments.
Now there is another category of products which are downloadable and since the price is small, we would not want to have any instalment payments offered. But at the moment they get the option on the checkout to do a normal payment as well as instalments.
I have assigned the BLOCK option (see screen) but it still does not work:
Thank you.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari, Chrome, Firefox
I have setup instalments payments (together with Akeeba subscriptions) a while ago. At that time it allowed all products to have the instalment payments.
Now there is another category of products which are downloadable and since the price is small, we would not want to have any instalment payments offered. But at the moment they get the option on the checkout to do a normal payment as well as instalments.
I have assigned the BLOCK option (see screen) but it still does not work:
Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by ozwest. Reason: additonal info
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 5 months ago #197044
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Instalment Payments only for certain products
A solution can be to restrict your product to a shipping method, and then to restrict your payment method to that shipping method by using the "Shipping method" option of your Payment method configuration page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozwest
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197183
by ozwest
Replied by ozwest on topic Instalment Payments only for certain products
How would I do this?
I thought this was done on the product page. I do have 2 shipping methods already as you can see on the screen shot.
I tick BLOCK on the shipping method that does not apply to the product (see screen shot) and I have two different shipping options that I refer to in the different paying options
but when it comes to checking out I still have 2 choices of payments available.
I thought this was done on the product page. I do have 2 shipping methods already as you can see on the screen shot.
I tick BLOCK on the shipping method that does not apply to the product (see screen shot) and I have two different shipping options that I refer to in the different paying options
but when it comes to checking out I still have 2 choices of payments available.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197199
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Instalment Payments only for certain products
Hi,
Once restriction done for the shippings for the products, in the payment method settings do you have restricted it to the desired shipping method ?
Once restriction done for the shippings for the products, in the payment method settings do you have restricted it to the desired shipping method ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197238
by ozwest
Replied by ozwest on topic Instalment Payments only for certain products
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197248
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Instalment Payments only for certain products
Hi,
I've checked on our end but the PayPal recurring payment plugin uses our old payment API which doesn't support restrictions.
So it's normal that it doesn't work.
It will require a rewrite of the PayPal recurring payment plugin so that it can use the new API for that to work properly.
I've checked on our end but the PayPal recurring payment plugin uses our old payment API which doesn't support restrictions.
So it's normal that it doesn't work.
It will require a rewrite of the PayPal recurring payment plugin so that it can use the new API for that to work properly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197289
by ozwest
Replied by ozwest on topic Instalment Payments only for certain products
Thank you for your reply.
I just need clarify ... it did use to work when I first set it up.
Question: If Hikashop would be updated to the latest version. Would it then work? Is that what you are saying or is there some work involved anyway no matter if it is updated?
I just need clarify ... it did use to work when I first set it up.
Question: If Hikashop would be updated to the latest version. Would it then work? Is that what you are saying or is there some work involved anyway no matter if it is updated?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197312
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Instalment Payments only for certain products
Hi,
I don't see how it could have worked before and I don't think that updating HikaShop will help.
The problem is with the PayPal recurring payment plugin code which is not meant to support that capability of restricting payment methods to shipping methods.
I don't see how it could have worked before and I don't think that updating HikaShop will help.
The problem is with the PayPal recurring payment plugin code which is not meant to support that capability of restricting payment methods to shipping methods.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozwest
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197534
by ozwest
Replied by ozwest on topic Instalment Payments only for certain products
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds