- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
PayPal plugin notification problem
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 8.0.4, Firefox 36.0.4
Hello community,
I have the same problem as a few others in the past: My PayPal plugin isn't working correctly as I don't receive any notifications from PayPal after a completed transaction (report_xxxxx.log is empty).
This is my configuration of the plugin:
Url: www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Email: paypal@mySite.tld
Customer address: No address
Address override: No
No shipping: No
Allow payment notifications from PayPal: Yes
Send details: Yes
Show notes: Yes
Validation mode: No
Debug: Yes
Return method: Tried Yes and No
- My report.log file didn't exist until I created it manually with the file name of the components configuration. According to Joomlas system information the file should be writable.
- I used real transactions and NOT the sandbox mode.
- My site is running in German only.
- I also tried a return URL and var_dumped $_POST and $_GET and both were empty arrays
I think that this was all I did.
Does anyone have an idea what else I could do or what the problem might be?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
Best regards
Stefan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you check our documentation page on paypal issues ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...nt-paypal-error.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please check the write permission settings on that file, they should be set on "664" or at least "644".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The best in that case is to look at your web server access log for the notification URL. The log will tell you what happened to the request. It was likely redirected by something else on your web server before reaching HikaShop.
The details of how to check that log file is explained in the link Jerome gave you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If your plugin is not in "debug mode", by default it won't write anything in the payment log.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry, I get used to screenshots for this kind of thing.
The HikaShop payment log is only available from the HikaShop configuration backend, it has a very specific name and the folder where this file is stored by default is not managed or listed in the Joomla system information screen.My report.log file didn't exist until I created it manually with the file name of the components configuration. According to Joomlas system information the file should be writable.
So, I'm afraid that we will need screenshots to be sure what you are currently performing with the HikaShop payment log.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't think that the issue comes from the file being writable or not.
So in the answer to my message, you say that you receive the notifications and that the orders are confirmed.
But in your first message, you state that your issue is that you're not receiving the paypal notifications.
So I'm getting lost in what is the exact notifications that you're not receiving ?
The payment notification emails sent to the admin after the orders are confirmed ?
The order status notification emails sent to the customer after the orders are confirmed ?
Something else ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you got some write access during the notification ; you wouldn't be able to see it, because it's paypal which process the notification.
If you want to test that the payment log is good, you can edit the paypal plugin (plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php) and replace
If you got an write error, you should see it in the Joomla messages in the page.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried the replacing but no change. Neither was anything written to the file nor did I get any error messages. BUT:
With using this code
I'm getting a almost blank page with the menu of HikaShop so I don't come onto the configuration page of the plugin (see attachment).
So I tried to add the code above into the existing onPaymentConfiguration function but also no change of the report.log file (but at least I came onto the plugins configuration page).
After this I tried to manually write anything to the report.log file (via FTP) and view it via "configuration/files/view report" and it was still empty. Even after commenting out "deny from all" just to be sure it's not due to access restriction.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should have a PHP fatal error ; please check your PHP error log.
You can also set the "error reporting level" to "maximum" in your Joomla global configuration.
With the error message, we will know more about the issue (and how to solve it).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.