- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
Fields sent to PayPal
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 1 month ago #211564
by brentwilliams2
Fields sent to PayPal was created by brentwilliams2
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.14
When I look at an order within PayPal, it will show me the product name and Item #, which is great. But when using the PayPal export feature (to send back to my accounting system), it doesn't show that information, instead only showing "Shopping Cart". From what I can tell, PayPal also uses a field called "Item Title" (which I have seen using a different component), which successfully exports. Do you know how I could add that field into the data sent to PayPal in order to have it included in the order info?
I've attached a picture that compares the two transactions so you can see the difference.
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.14
When I look at an order within PayPal, it will show me the product name and Item #, which is great. But when using the PayPal export feature (to send back to my accounting system), it doesn't show that information, instead only showing "Shopping Cart". From what I can tell, PayPal also uses a field called "Item Title" (which I have seen using a different component), which successfully exports. Do you know how I could add that field into the data sent to PayPal in order to have it included in the order info?
I've attached a picture that compares the two transactions so you can see the difference.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211565
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Fields sent to PayPal
Hi,
Here are the variables available for specifying items of a cart:
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal...ables/#id08A6HF080O3
As you can see, we're already using item_name, item_number, amount and quantity in the PayPal plugin:
take.ms/5tDwl
And I don't see in the PayPal payment API we're using any other variables which would allow to add a "item title". So I don't know how that would be done.
Here are the variables available for specifying items of a cart:
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal...ables/#id08A6HF080O3
As you can see, we're already using item_name, item_number, amount and quantity in the PayPal plugin:
take.ms/5tDwl
And I don't see in the PayPal payment API we're using any other variables which would allow to add a "item title". So I don't know how that would be done.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
11 years 1 month ago #211752
by brentwilliams2
Replied by brentwilliams2 on topic Fields sent to PayPal
I don't know if this helps, but I've attached a redacted version of the PayPal exported data. The top line is Hikashop, the bottom line is another component. You can see where "Item Title" is "Shopping Cart" in the hikashop order. I don't know if that is a default amount given by paypal, or if it is something sent by hikashop, but maybe that is a clue? And as you can see, it may not be identified by a variable like "item_title" - it might be pulling from some other variable.
I tried to look into the code in the other component and figure out how they were sending the information, but I couldn't tell...
I tried to look into the code in the other component and figure out how they were sending the information, but I couldn't tell...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211754
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Fields sent to PayPal
Unfortunately, that doesn't help.
I guess the best would be to contact the PayPal support to ask them why the Item title field is not filled in your exports. They'll be the best ones to know what is missing here.
I guess the best would be to contact the PayPal support to ask them why the Item title field is not filled in your exports. They'll be the best ones to know what is missing here.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
11 years 1 month ago #212349
by brentwilliams2
Replied by brentwilliams2 on topic Fields sent to PayPal
I figured out the issue, Nicolas. I missed a checkbox that said "Include Shopping Cart details (comma and tab delimited files only)", which is why it wasn't exporting properly from PayPal. I still don't know why the two different transactions were operating differently, which is why I was confused because one was showing the transaction details anyway, but it doesn't matter once you have the checkbox checked.
Thanks for the help.
Thanks for the help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds