- Posts: 217
- Thank you received: 4
Which PayPal method should I use?
- FilipHradil
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #211737
by FilipHradil
Which PayPal method should I use? was created by FilipHradil
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
elodywedding.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
Hello!
I would like to offer PayPal / Credit card payment method for my customers.
I tryied all PayPal payment methods and I am lost.
My needs: Support for whole EU, Checkout without register & safe look
1. PayPal standard - doesn't support checkout without register (despite I have business account)
2. PayPal Advanced - only for US & Canada
3. PayPal Pro - It shows only 3 inputs on my page => looks unsafe
4. PayPal Express - There is only button in cart, but I need to show it in payment method group at the end of checkout
I hope I missed something or am I lost?
Thank you for every advice
Filip
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
Hello!
I would like to offer PayPal / Credit card payment method for my customers.
I tryied all PayPal payment methods and I am lost.
My needs: Support for whole EU, Checkout without register & safe look
1. PayPal standard - doesn't support checkout without register (despite I have business account)
2. PayPal Advanced - only for US & Canada
3. PayPal Pro - It shows only 3 inputs on my page => looks unsafe
4. PayPal Express - There is only button in cart, but I need to show it in payment method group at the end of checkout
I hope I missed something or am I lost?

Thank you for every advice
Filip
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by FilipHradil.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211740
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Which PayPal method should I use?
Hi,
Regards,
I don't know why you say that.1. PayPal standard - doesn't support checkout without register (despite I have business account)
It is safe if you have a SSL certificate3. PayPal Pro - It shows only 3 inputs on my page => looks unsafe
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FilipHradil
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 217
- Thank you received: 4
11 years 1 month ago #211776
by FilipHradil
Replied by FilipHradil on topic Which PayPal method should I use?
1.
I am talking about checkout without register on PayPal's side.
The 'PayPal Account Optional' option in PayPal account settings.
2.
Can you provide screen how will it look if I buy SSL certificate?
I am talking about checkout without register on PayPal's side.
The 'PayPal Account Optional' option in PayPal account settings.
2.
Can you provide screen how will it look if I buy SSL certificate?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211789
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Which PayPal method should I use?
Hi,
SSL won't change the look. It will however secure the transmission of the credit card data. And that's what is important.
SSL won't change the look. It will however secure the transmission of the credit card data. And that's what is important.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FilipHradil
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 217
- Thank you received: 4
11 years 1 month ago #211840
by FilipHradil
Replied by FilipHradil on topic Which PayPal method should I use?
Hello,
Yes. I will buy SSL. But for payments I need something what looks secured for users. I am thinking about using 2Checkout and buying their plugin. But I nowhere found how does it look in action (demo or screens). Haven't you some?
Thank you
Filip
Yes. I will buy SSL. But for payments I need something what looks secured for users. I am thinking about using 2Checkout and buying their plugin. But I nowhere found how does it look in action (demo or screens). Haven't you some?
Thank you
Filip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211854
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Which PayPal method should I use?
There are two categories of payment plugins:
- Ones where the credit card form is integrated in the checkout and the payment process between the website and the payment gateway happens automatically at the end of the checkout.
- Ones where the credit card form is displayed to the customer by the payment gateway after the checkout. In that case, the payment form depends on what the payment gateway displays and can change without us knowing without altering the functionality of the payment process. The 2Checkout plugin is from this category. If you want screenshots of the payment form, the best is to look online (apparently, something like that: wiki.productcart.com/_detail/productcart...ductcart%3A2checkout ). Or you can also ask the developer of the payment plugin. The payment plugins we developed ourselves are all free to use so you can directly see for yourself and for the others we can't help as we're neither the developer or the payment gateway.
- Ones where the credit card form is integrated in the checkout and the payment process between the website and the payment gateway happens automatically at the end of the checkout.
- Ones where the credit card form is displayed to the customer by the payment gateway after the checkout. In that case, the payment form depends on what the payment gateway displays and can change without us knowing without altering the functionality of the payment process. The 2Checkout plugin is from this category. If you want screenshots of the payment form, the best is to look online (apparently, something like that: wiki.productcart.com/_detail/productcart...ductcart%3A2checkout ). Or you can also ask the developer of the payment plugin. The payment plugins we developed ourselves are all free to use so you can directly see for yourself and for the others we can't help as we're neither the developer or the payment gateway.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FilipHradil
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 217
- Thank you received: 4
11 years 1 month ago #211903
by FilipHradil
Replied by FilipHradil on topic Which PayPal method should I use?
Hello. Yes. I got it. So if I use 2CO payment plugin a user will be redirected after checkout and delivery adress will be send in 2CO form and user fill only card information?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211924
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Which PayPal method should I use?
That's what I understood yes. Again, it would be better to confirm this with the developer of the plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FilipHradil
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 217
- Thank you received: 4
11 years 1 month ago #211985
by FilipHradil
Replied by FilipHradil on topic Which PayPal method should I use?
Hello.
After installing SSL certificate there is "PayPal accout optional" option avalible. So I will stay on PayPal for beginning. Thank you.
Filip
After installing SSL certificate there is "PayPal accout optional" option avalible. So I will stay on PayPal for beginning. Thank you.
Filip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds