Skip to main content

HikaShop & PayPal plugin

More
10 years 10 months ago #222481 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HikaShop & PayPal plugin
Hi,

Yes. If the payments are pending, HikaShop doesn't change the status of the orders to "confirmed" and thus you don't get the email with the download links.
There is normally a setting somewhere in the PayPal merchant account to automatically accept pending payments. But you should also be able to do it manually in your PayPal merchant account interface.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #222511 by jk15060
Replied by jk15060 on topic HikaShop & PayPal plugin
Perfect! Thank you!

When configuring state tax (NC), is the best way to do this is to make the default tax category as TAXED so that when the customer logs into the website, given the address used, will determine whether the amount should change? In other words, set the default tax category to tax the purchase, then once logged in or an address is entered, the total amount changes. Seems backwards to me, but if that's the way it should work, then I know I have it configured correctly.

Also, a purchase on the website is configured to download files listed within the product. Do you find it best to zip those files together or leave them separate. There will be quite a few downloadable items in each purchase; primarily PDFs and MP3s. Seems like there will be more support issues using compression software to reduce the number of downloads to a single file, but am not sure.

Finally, if there is more than one product for sale (also multiple downloads), can folders be used in /images/com_hikashop/upload/safe to keep them all separate? I assume I would simply add the folder name for each product. True statement?

You guys are great! Thank you for all your help and support!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #222560 by jk15060
Replied by jk15060 on topic HikaShop & PayPal plugin
I have shot myself in the foot. I use the Default Tax Category, which is configured to use the NC Tax Rate. But when I login with an account from a different state, say Missouri, the Cart doesn't adjust and still displays the taxed rate. It adjusted yesterday without any issue, but I've made some change that is now preventing that logic.

I've cannot seem to find my error. Hope you can help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #222678 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HikaShop & PayPal plugin
Hi,

1. You want to set the default tax category to be taxed yes. However, what you can do is changed the "main tax zone" setting of your HikaShop configuration to something else than your zone. That way, products won't be taxed by default, and will be taxed if necessary once the customer enters his address on the checkout.

2. I would also leave them without zipping them. It will be simpler for people I think.

3. No. You could potentially separate them by folder if you want, but there is no rule for the folder name. It could be anything. And you don't necessarily need to do that. As long as the name of the file in your product correspond to the relative path of the file from the upload/safe folder it will be ok.

4. We would needs screenshots of your tax rules, tax settings, etc in order to be able to analyze the situation in order to help you on that.

Thanks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #222684 by jk15060
Replied by jk15060 on topic HikaShop & PayPal plugin
Do I create a file from those snapshots and add as attachments? Guess I had this working perfectly before and should have left well enough alone. I just don't get any confirmation of payment in the PayPal Sandbox.

Thank you Nicolas - taking screenshots now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #222721 by jk15060
Replied by jk15060 on topic HikaShop & PayPal plugin
Now I've lost North Carolina in the registration process. Geeze.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #222735 by jk15060
Replied by jk15060 on topic HikaShop & PayPal plugin
Any chance I can send a private message with credentials so you can take a peek in the backend? Just curious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #222811 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic HikaShop & PayPal plugin
Hi,

We're waiting that you provide the screenshots that we asked for. We could potentially have a look at the backend settings instead if you provided such access via our contact form.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #222836 by jk15060
Replied by jk15060 on topic HikaShop & PayPal plugin
Just sent email via Contact Form. Took the screenshots right away, and should have sent them, but spent the rest of the day trying to fix the issue.

Thank you Nicolas!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum