Paypal access permission error
10 years 6 months ago #232118
by iedwards
Paypal access permission error was created by iedwards
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : You don't have permission to access " www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr " on this server
A customer has reported this error when trying to pay via paypal from a mobile phone..
We have been taking paypal payments successfully up until recently. I have found references to paypal api changes that might be the cause of the problem but don't know how to fix.
Help please!
Thanks,
Ian
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : You don't have permission to access " www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr " on this server
A customer has reported this error when trying to pay via paypal from a mobile phone..
You don't have permission to access " www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr " on this server
We have been taking paypal payments successfully up until recently. I have found references to paypal api changes that might be the cause of the problem but don't know how to fix.
Help please!
Thanks,
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #232122
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal access permission error
Hi,
This indicates a problem of HTTPS authentication with paypal.com's server I think.
Basically, it looks like PayPal is refusing the connection between the security protocol used by the browser for the HTTPS communication is too weak for their new criteria.
That's what I'm guessing since I'm not working at PayPal and thus can't check the logs of that payment request.
The best is to contact the PayPal support and provide them with the error message and the reference in the screenshot so that they can check what is wrong.
I highly suspect that the problem cannot be solved by changing something in HikaShop or even in the settings of HikaShop, but that the problem might be with the browser of the user, especially since it still works for everyone else.
This indicates a problem of HTTPS authentication with paypal.com's server I think.
Basically, it looks like PayPal is refusing the connection between the security protocol used by the browser for the HTTPS communication is too weak for their new criteria.
That's what I'm guessing since I'm not working at PayPal and thus can't check the logs of that payment request.
The best is to contact the PayPal support and provide them with the error message and the reference in the screenshot so that they can check what is wrong.
I highly suspect that the problem cannot be solved by changing something in HikaShop or even in the settings of HikaShop, but that the problem might be with the browser of the user, especially since it still works for everyone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iedwards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds