- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
Is Paypal sandbox causing email issue
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 39.0.3
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Message is in email:
Avatar
You
Posted On 8 Mar, 2016 14:09 CST
I am using Joomla and Hikashop with the Paypal plugin. I am using a Paypal sandbox and I am getting the following emailHello,
A Paypal notification was refused because the connection to the confirmation server failed.
Check the documentation concerning this issue at www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_up...pal-error#connection
This notification was for the order E4 on the website www.tiffintalk.com/tiffinbackup/
You can access the order details directly by clicking on the link below after logging in your back end:
www.tiffintalk.com/tiffinbackup/administ...task=edit&order_id=4
I am using Joomla and Hikashop with the Paypal plugin. I am using a Paypal sandbox and I am getting the following email generated by Hikashop and send to the email address set up in the shop configuration:
Hello,
A Paypal notification was refused because the connection to the confirmation server failed.
Check the documentation concerning this issue at www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_up...pal-error#connection
This notification was for the order E4 on the website www.mysite/
You can access the order details directly by clicking on the link below after logging in your back end:
www.mysite/administrator/index.php?optio...task=edit&order_id=4
The explanation is the following:
Connection to paypal failed
When your server receives a notification it needs first to confirm whether this notification comes from your payment gateway or not because it is always possible that a valid IP address has been injected and that someone else is tried to validate an order. So there is a mechanism in place to contact a paypal server HikaShop knows as being an official paypal server to confirm that it comes from paypal. If this connection fails, that means that either your hosting company is blocking outgoing connections from your server or you don't have the openssl option activated in your PHP configuration or that the paypal servers are down, the later being a lot less likely. So you should check that you website is able to make outgoing connections and that the SSL is activated. Also, we advise you to contact your hosting provider to ask them about their policies on outgoing connections. If they are not blocking them, then you might want to contact us via our forum as we might need to adapt our plugin to a change from paypal.
When I asked my host (Siteground) the said they were unable to locate any server-related reason for it.
Is it because I am using Paypal's sandbox? I am not receiving emails in the Notifications section in the Sandbox either.
Any suggestions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It could be the sandbox yes. Try with the live mode. You should be able to refund the payments you do with it so it shouldn't cost anything anyway.
Normally, such issue comes from the SSL not activated for the PHP.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
The only thing I noticed is an IPN error getting a HTTP 403 error on URL www.tiffintalk.com/tiffinbackup/index.php .
IPN is not enabled on the account so there must be a Notify URL being passed in the API call.
Is there a setting I should change? If I change it will it mess up when we go live?
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
Also, I noticed that an order notice is sent to the email address in the Configuration when an order is created, even if not paid for. If someone returns to the store without completing the Paypal or credit card info a notice is still sent out from Hikashop (attaching a screenshot)
How do I set it for order notification is sent only if they complete the whole process (making a payment)?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
As Nicolas said, your issue is probably coming from the sandbox mode, so you should test it with the live mode.Is there a setting I should change? If I change it will it mess up when we go live?
Well that can be a way to use your PayPal plugin, but the only disadvantage will be that your orders status won't be automatically updated to "confirmed" without any payment notification, so you'll have to manually update it via "Hikashop->Orders".The Paypal people told me to change the Order Notification to NO on the Paypal plugin interface which I did and the emails stopped. I am not sure i should keep this to No when we go live. Any advice?
You're probably talking about the "Order creation notification" email that you can unpublish via "Hikashop->System->Emails"Also, I noticed that an order notice is sent to the email address in the Configuration when an order is created, even if not paid for. If someone returns to the store without completing the Paypal or credit card info a notice is still sent out from Hikashop (attaching a screenshot)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
But when I use the Paypal Pro plugin, I get an error (see attached)
Also, I noticed that the Paypal pro embeds the ability to enter credit cards on the website page. That is great, but it doesn't offer the option of paying by Paypal. What is the usual procedure? Do I enable both Paypal plugins?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
PayPal Pro is made by PayPal to be used as a credit card form on the checkout of the website. You can't use it to pay with a PayPal account.
You can either use both PayPal Pro and PayPal standard, or only PayPal standard (which supports both the payment by credit card and by the PayPal account on the PayPal payment page where the customer is redirected after the checkout), or only PayPal Advanced (which supports both the payment by credit card and by the PayPal account on a PayPal form displayed at the end of the checkout inside your website)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
Error 10002: Security header is not valid
Array ( [USER] => tiffin-seller_api1.gmail.com [PWD] => 2FBGUTFU9VQAV5W2 [SIGNATURE] => AFcWxV21C7fd0v3bYYYRCpSSRl31AtNYg1I8GjZCbrxZungMwqN-3cj-US [VERSION] => 51.0 [METHOD] => DoDirectPayment [PAYMENTACTION] => Sale [AMT] => 143.05 [ACCT] => 4032035597039098 [EXPDATE] => 032021 [FIRSTNAME] => test [LASTNAME] => test [CURRENCYCODE] => USD
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The problem is with the way you configured the payment method in HikaShop:
stackoverflow.com/a/23265150
Probably, the credentials you wrote are incorrect or you didn't select the sandbox in the payment method.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please note, that payment protocol for Paypal payment gate away will change in 2016, the 17th June.
And for now new protocol is functional on Sandbox mode.
Unfortunately right now I can process some test, but I think I have the solution to update your paypal plugin.
In order to try to update it, follow this steps :
- Via an ftp program, go to website root directory
- Then open directory : plugins => hikashoppayment => paypal.php
- Look for this part :
if(!isset($url)) {
if(!empty($url) && in_array($url, array('https', 'ssl'))) {
$url = 443;
} else {
$url = 80;
}
}
if(!empty($url) && in_array($url, array('https', 'ssl'))) {
$url = 'ssl
/' . $url;} else {
$url = $url;
}
Have a look on "ssl" and "tls", and so you must have :
if(!isset($url)) {
if(!empty($url) && in_array($url, array('https', 'ssl', 'tls'))) {
$url = 443;
} else {
$url = 80;
}
}
if(!empty($url) && in_array($url, array('https', 'ssl', 'tls'))) {
$url = 'tls
/' . $url;} else {
$url = $url;
}
Awaiting news from you and hope that will solve your sandbox issue.
Keep in touch, best regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, I'm going more far on studying this trouble... It seems that their is more change to have on the payment plugin, and I'm working on this point.
And so later, will be release a new plugin version to fit the new Paypal protocol.
So keep in touch!
Regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.