- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 2
Eselect Moneris - RC4 cipher no longer supported
10 years 4 months ago #240620
by vseva
Eselect Moneris - RC4 cipher no longer supported was created by vseva
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF, Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N.a
HI Hikacrew;
I received a email today from Moneris, saying that they are updating their production environments and that they will be removing the RC4 cypher, effective August 25, 2016 (as a vulnerability has been found).
I'm not sure if this will have an effect on the Hikashop's moneris plugin?
But I thought I'd bring it to your attention , so that you can run a test in their test environment if needed.
Cheers.
V.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF, Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N.a
HI Hikacrew;
I received a email today from Moneris, saying that they are updating their production environments and that they will be removing the RC4 cypher, effective August 25, 2016 (as a vulnerability has been found).
I'm not sure if this will have an effect on the Hikashop's moneris plugin?
But I thought I'd bring it to your attention , so that you can run a test in their test environment if needed.
Cheers.
V.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #240626
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Eselect Moneris - RC4 cipher no longer supported
Hi,
From what I can see, it shouldn't change anything for HikaShop.
It however means that your web server ssl client module for PHP is able to communicate with at least another cypher that Moneris supports.
If you're not sure, you might want to check that with your hosting company and Moneris.
From what I can see, it shouldn't change anything for HikaShop.
It however means that your web server ssl client module for PHP is able to communicate with at least another cypher that Moneris supports.
If you're not sure, you might want to check that with your hosting company and Moneris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vseva
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #240998
by vseva
Replied by vseva on topic Eselect Moneris - RC4 cipher no longer supported
HI Nicolas;
Thank you for the info, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.
Thank you for the info, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds