- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Update in Payment Method
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #245682
by Worldnet
Update in Payment Method was created by Worldnet
Hi All,
I am new to Joomla and Hikashop. I am developing new hikashop payment method. I tried to install sample payment method. Everything is working fine except when I try to make any changes to backend part or frontend part its not reflecting on the system. I has to reinstall the payment method to see the changes.
Can someone please help me in this regards?
Thanks,
Namita.
I am new to Joomla and Hikashop. I am developing new hikashop payment method. I tried to install sample payment method. Everything is working fine except when I try to make any changes to backend part or frontend part its not reflecting on the system. I has to reinstall the payment method to see the changes.
Can someone please help me in this regards?
Thanks,
Namita.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Worldnet.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #245714
by Worldnet
Replied by Worldnet on topic Update in Payment Method
Can someone please reply on this and guide me ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #245686
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Update in Payment Method
Hello Namita,
Your issue is probably coming from the fact that you are editing the wrong file, you'll have to edit it in the folder "plugins\hikashoppayment\" of your website.
Your issue is probably coming from the fact that you are editing the wrong file, you'll have to edit it in the folder "plugins\hikashoppayment\" of your website.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #245798
by Worldnet
Replied by Worldnet on topic Update in Payment Method
Hello Mohamed,
Thank you for replying back. I am making changes in correct folder and file. Changes only reflect, when I reinstall that plugin from folder.
The plugins which comes by default with hikashop is working fine If I do any changes in that I can see the changes after refreshing. But If I try to make my own plugin or make changes in sample payment plugin its not reflecting even after refreshing the page. I has to reinstall the plug-in again and then I can see the changes or updates.
Is there any settings which I need to do before installing plugin.
Thanks,
Namita.
Thank you for replying back. I am making changes in correct folder and file. Changes only reflect, when I reinstall that plugin from folder.
The plugins which comes by default with hikashop is working fine If I do any changes in that I can see the changes after refreshing. But If I try to make my own plugin or make changes in sample payment plugin its not reflecting even after refreshing the page. I has to reinstall the plug-in again and then I can see the changes or updates.
Is there any settings which I need to do before installing plugin.
Thanks,
Namita.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #245803
by Worldnet
Replied by Worldnet on topic Update in Payment Method
Hello Mohamed,
Thank you for replying back. I am making changes in correct folder and file. Changes only reflect, when I reinstall that plugin from folder.
The plugins which comes by default with hikashop is working fine If I do any changes in that I can see the changes after refreshing. But If I try to make my own plugin or make changes in sample payment plugin its not reflecting even after refreshing the page. I has to reinstall the plug-in again and then I can see the changes or updates.
Is there any settings which I need to do before installing plugin.
Thanks,
Namita.
Thank you for replying back. I am making changes in correct folder and file. Changes only reflect, when I reinstall that plugin from folder.
The plugins which comes by default with hikashop is working fine If I do any changes in that I can see the changes after refreshing. But If I try to make my own plugin or make changes in sample payment plugin its not reflecting even after refreshing the page. I has to reinstall the plug-in again and then I can see the changes or updates.
Is there any settings which I need to do before installing plugin.
Thanks,
Namita.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #245800
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Update in Payment Method
Hi,
There is no need to reinstall a plugin to see a change done to its files. So the problem is probably with something wrong in either the xml or the php file that wasn't changed when you duplicated it from the original plugin.
HArd to say more precisely as we don't know what you changed.
There is no need to reinstall a plugin to see a change done to its files. So the problem is probably with something wrong in either the xml or the php file that wasn't changed when you duplicated it from the original plugin.
HArd to say more precisely as we don't know what you changed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Worldnet
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #245926
by Worldnet
Replied by Worldnet on topic Update in Payment Method
Hi,
Thank you so much for all your responses.
I figured out the problem. Actually I was trying to upload the plugin from folder (Extension->Manage->install->install from folder), that's why I was unable to see the changes and I had to reinstall again and again to see the updates.
What I supposed to do is compress the folder and then upload a packaged file(Extension->Manage->install->Upload a package file). After doing this I was able to see the changes.
Hope it makes sense.
Thanks,
Namita.
Thank you so much for all your responses.
I figured out the problem. Actually I was trying to upload the plugin from folder (Extension->Manage->install->install from folder), that's why I was unable to see the changes and I had to reinstall again and again to see the updates.
What I supposed to do is compress the folder and then upload a packaged file(Extension->Manage->install->Upload a package file). After doing this I was able to see the changes.
Hope it makes sense.
Thanks,
Namita.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds