- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 1
How to create 2 discrete steps for payment
9 years 10 months ago #256660
by mahwaz
How to create 2 discrete steps for payment was created by mahwaz
Hello,
1. I want to customer makes his order on the site.
2. After a few minutes (or hours) we call him and confirm the transaction.
3. Then we allow him (confirm his payment for the order) to pay the order using gateways.
how I can make this happen?
Thank you in advance
1. I want to customer makes his order on the site.
2. After a few minutes (or hours) we call him and confirm the transaction.
3. Then we allow him (confirm his payment for the order) to pay the order using gateways.
how I can make this happen?
Thank you in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #256701
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to create 2 discrete steps for payment
Hi,
So this looks like a quote system you want.
You want to remove the "payment" view form the "checkout workflow" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
You also want to turn off the "auto select shipping and payment methods" setting there and you'll have step 1.
Then, you'll want to activate the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" setting so that customers can pay for their orders in step 3.
And you want to configure the "Unpaid order statuses" setting to the order statuses for which you want to display the pay button for the orders.
You can configure additional statuses if necessary via the menu System>Order statuses.
And you can create a menu item of the type HikaShop orders listing via the Joomla menu manager so that your customers can access their orders listing via that link that you can give them when you call them in step 2.
So this looks like a quote system you want.
You want to remove the "payment" view form the "checkout workflow" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
You also want to turn off the "auto select shipping and payment methods" setting there and you'll have step 1.
Then, you'll want to activate the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" setting so that customers can pay for their orders in step 3.
And you want to configure the "Unpaid order statuses" setting to the order statuses for which you want to display the pay button for the orders.
You can configure additional statuses if necessary via the menu System>Order statuses.
And you can create a menu item of the type HikaShop orders listing via the Joomla menu manager so that your customers can access their orders listing via that link that you can give them when you call them in step 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mahwaz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #256771
by mahwaz
Replied by mahwaz on topic How to create 2 discrete steps for payment
Exactly this is what I need! Excelent and smart answer.
There's another question ... How can I do this for just many of products and not all?!
There's another question ... How can I do this for just many of products and not all?!
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by mahwaz. Reason: edited bad writing
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 9 months ago #256812
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to create 2 discrete steps for payment
Hi,
Then, instead of removing the payment view from the checkout, you can have different payment methods with one being a "collect on delivery" payment method so that your customers don't pay on the checkout for their quotes.
And then, you'll have to restrict the payment methods to different sets of shipping methods and restrict these shipping methods to different warehouses so that you can have two warehouses that you can attach to your products. One for the products for quotes and one for the products to be paid directly.
It's more managing to do but it's possible.
Then, instead of removing the payment view from the checkout, you can have different payment methods with one being a "collect on delivery" payment method so that your customers don't pay on the checkout for their quotes.
And then, you'll have to restrict the payment methods to different sets of shipping methods and restrict these shipping methods to different warehouses so that you can have two warehouses that you can attach to your products. One for the products for quotes and one for the products to be paid directly.
It's more managing to do but it's possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mahwaz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #257082
by mahwaz
Replied by mahwaz on topic How to create 2 discrete steps for payment
Thanks, I was trying your answer about 3 days.
There are 2 problems with this new method:
1. When customer orders a "2-step payment" product, he can access to other payment methods in "user-control-panel -> order" before we give him access to the payment method! please pay attension on the Pay later option:
* I found the solution for this problem: "Allow customers to change their payment method after checkout"
* Second problem is still not solved!
2. The second problem apears when two different products with different shipping method added to the basket! The customer will see two different shipping methods but one payment method!
Is there any way to do this like you answered me for my first question in first post of this topic?!
I hope you make an update for this situation, because it makes this situations under control
There are 2 problems with this new method:
1. When customer orders a "2-step payment" product, he can access to other payment methods in "user-control-panel -> order" before we give him access to the payment method! please pay attension on the Pay later option:
* I found the solution for this problem: "Allow customers to change their payment method after checkout"
* Second problem is still not solved!
2. The second problem apears when two different products with different shipping method added to the basket! The customer will see two different shipping methods but one payment method!
Is there any way to do this like you answered me for my first question in first post of this topic?!
I hope you make an update for this situation, because it makes this situations under control
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by mahwaz.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 9 months ago #257097
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to create 2 discrete steps for payment
Hi,
1. You should turn off the "Allow customers to change
their payment method after checkout" option so that the customers won't have the possibility to change their payment method, and then, you can instead select it for them in the backend when you check their order.
2. As I said in my previous message, you're supposed to restrict your payment methods to the corresponding shipping methods so that if the customer tries to order both a "quote" product and a "pay right now" product, no payment method would be found, and in that case, the system would display an error message (that you can customize with a translation override www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify ) and wouldn't let the customer finish the order.
1. You should turn off the "Allow customers to change
their payment method after checkout" option so that the customers won't have the possibility to change their payment method, and then, you can instead select it for them in the backend when you check their order.
2. As I said in my previous message, you're supposed to restrict your payment methods to the corresponding shipping methods so that if the customer tries to order both a "quote" product and a "pay right now" product, no payment method would be found, and in that case, the system would display an error message (that you can customize with a translation override www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify ) and wouldn't let the customer finish the order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mahwaz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 9 months ago #257118
by mahwaz
Replied by mahwaz on topic How to create 2 discrete steps for payment
Thanks Nicolas,
I have restricted all (specially payment methods to the corresponding shipping methods), but there is no error generated (and I don't want to errors get generated)! you can see everything is going right, except payment method (Which I restricted it but it's working every where except in the checkout page and when two products with different payment methods are combined in one basket)!
I have an idea but don't know how to implement it: I can restrict the shipping basket for just one group of these products, but don't know how to do that. Is there any way?!
I have restricted all (specially payment methods to the corresponding shipping methods), but there is no error generated (and I don't want to errors get generated)! you can see everything is going right, except payment method (Which I restricted it but it's working every where except in the checkout page and when two products with different payment methods are combined in one basket)!
I have an idea but don't know how to implement it: I can restrict the shipping basket for just one group of these products, but don't know how to do that. Is there any way?!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 9 months ago #257274
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to create 2 discrete steps for payment
Hi,
Ok, I see what's going on and I think that what I proposed won't do as the payment method will display as long as the shipping method is available for at least one warehouse.
Then, it will require another solution without using warehouses:
What you could do is have a weight and no dimensions for one group of products, and no weight and dimensions for the othe group.
Then, in your payment methods, you could use the min/max weight/volume restrictions in order to display or not the payment methods based on the total weight/volume of the products in the cart, indicating if you have products from one group or another in the cart, or from both groups.
Ok, I see what's going on and I think that what I proposed won't do as the payment method will display as long as the shipping method is available for at least one warehouse.
Then, it will require another solution without using warehouses:
What you could do is have a weight and no dimensions for one group of products, and no weight and dimensions for the othe group.
Then, in your payment methods, you could use the min/max weight/volume restrictions in order to display or not the payment methods based on the total weight/volume of the products in the cart, indicating if you have products from one group or another in the cart, or from both groups.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mahwaz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 9 months ago #257350
by mahwaz
Replied by mahwaz on topic How to create 2 discrete steps for payment
Thanks,
I hope you add controls to have more control on payment with warehouse solutions! It's very genius. Totally I found that I have to forget 2-step payment and just use Online shipment until next updates.
I learned many things during this topic and searching other topics. Hikashop has a good base for better development.
Thanks again for your tips ad advices, Have a nice time
I hope you add controls to have more control on payment with warehouse solutions! It's very genius. Totally I found that I have to forget 2-step payment and just use Online shipment until next updates.
I learned many things during this topic and searching other topics. Hikashop has a good base for better development.
Thanks again for your tips ad advices, Have a nice time
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds