- Posts: 237
- Thank you received: 5
Paypal return but no notification email sent
9 years 7 months ago #261721
by ltempest
Paypal return but no notification email sent was created by ltempest
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
Hello,
I have the standard PayPal plugin setup within Hikashop, with the settings as in the attached image.
When I created an order via the website, I was transferred to PayPal, processed the transaction successfully and then returned to the site, whereby I got the confirmation screen saying my order was successful and I would receive an email notification. I can login to my HikaShop account and see the successful order and have received an email from PayPal saying my order was successful.
However, I have not had the HikaShop customer order notification email. I do get this email when using the WorldPay payment option but not when using the PayPal option.
What have a I done wrong?
Thanks
Lee
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
Hello,
I have the standard PayPal plugin setup within Hikashop, with the settings as in the attached image.
When I created an order via the website, I was transferred to PayPal, processed the transaction successfully and then returned to the site, whereby I got the confirmation screen saying my order was successful and I would receive an email notification. I can login to my HikaShop account and see the successful order and have received an email from PayPal saying my order was successful.
However, I have not had the HikaShop customer order notification email. I do get this email when using the WorldPay payment option but not when using the PayPal option.
What have a I done wrong?
Thanks
Lee
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #261787
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Paypal return but no notification email sent
Hello,
Sorry but I'm sure to understand your needs when you say :
Do you mean that your order is validated by Paypal but there is no email to the the customer ?
Can you precise, the idea.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Sorry but I'm sure to understand your needs when you say :
Code:
"However, I have not had the HikaShop customer order notification email. I do get this email when using the WorldPay payment option but not when using the PayPal option."
Do you mean that your order is validated by Paypal but there is no email to the the customer ?
Can you precise, the idea.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #261791
by ltempest
Replied by ltempest on topic Paypal return but no notification email sent
Philip,
To confirm, I have two payment options for customers, WorldPay and PayPal.
When ordering via WorldPay, all the notification emails etc are sent correctly once a confirmed payment is completed via WorldPay and you return to the HikaShop website.
When ordering via PayPal, it transfers to PayPal, you complete the transaction successfully and then return to the HikaShop site. But no emails are then sent to the customer / admin.
Pleas help, I need to get this site live asap!
When I check the Email history, there is also nothing listed for that order, and there appears to be nothing in the payment log file for that transaction.
To confirm, I have two payment options for customers, WorldPay and PayPal.
When ordering via WorldPay, all the notification emails etc are sent correctly once a confirmed payment is completed via WorldPay and you return to the HikaShop website.
When ordering via PayPal, it transfers to PayPal, you complete the transaction successfully and then return to the HikaShop site. But no emails are then sent to the customer / admin.
Pleas help, I need to get this site live asap!
When I check the Email history, there is also nothing listed for that order, and there appears to be nothing in the payment log file for that transaction.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by ltempest.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #261834
by ltempest
Replied by ltempest on topic Paypal return but no notification email sent
It seems that the notification emails used by WorldPay and PayPal are different, I had one of the order notification emails turned off.
Once I had turned on this order notification email then it did successfully send through the email.
I'm still testing and so is the client.
Once I had turned on this order notification email then it did successfully send through the email.
I'm still testing and so is the client.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #261829
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal return but no notification email sent
Hi,
HikaShop uses the exact same emails to the customer for all the payment methods. So if you receive them for one and not the other, then there is more to it than what you said.
First thing to check is that the order status is changed to "confirmed". That's when HikaShop knows that the payment has been done for an order and then send the email notifications.
I suppose that the status is still "created", which indicates that HikaShop didn't receive the payment notification from PayPal.
Many things can lead to that.
Here is a documentation which lists them and explains what to do in order to find out what's the issue:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
HikaShop uses the exact same emails to the customer for all the payment methods. So if you receive them for one and not the other, then there is more to it than what you said.
First thing to check is that the order status is changed to "confirmed". That's when HikaShop knows that the payment has been done for an order and then send the email notifications.
I suppose that the status is still "created", which indicates that HikaShop didn't receive the payment notification from PayPal.
Many things can lead to that.
Here is a documentation which lists them and explains what to do in order to find out what's the issue:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #262294
by ltempest
Replied by ltempest on topic Paypal return but no notification email sent
I have done everything on this page
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...nt-paypal-error.html
There are no errors in the log file, the server reports a successful 200 status.
There are no errors in the log file, the server reports a successful 200 status.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #262315
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Paypal return but no notification email sent
Hello,
Can you check that order status is mute to confirmed by ¨Paypal payment plugin ?
Do you process some test with the debug mode On in paypal plugin configuration ?
And have a look on the payment log ( in Components => HikaShop => Configuration and file part)
Can you provide complete log file in order to see if we have some clues on what's going on ?
For this use our Contact us form, and fill your message subject with this topic subject.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Can you check that order status is mute to confirmed by ¨Paypal payment plugin ?
Do you process some test with the debug mode On in paypal plugin configuration ?
And have a look on the payment log ( in Components => HikaShop => Configuration and file part)
Can you provide complete log file in order to see if we have some clues on what's going on ?
For this use our Contact us form, and fill your message subject with this topic subject.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #262395
by ltempest
Replied by ltempest on topic Paypal return but no notification email sent
Philip,
When the ordered was created on the site is was being set to confirmed, before payment was taken, then once payment had been taken, and you returned to the site, the email was not being sent because the status was not being changed. By commenting out:
if($dbOrder->order_status == $order_status){
// return true;
}
The plugin then continued with the code and successfully sent the emails. It maybe a bit dirty but it works in my situation!
I think there is certainly scope for a future release to allow emails to be sent ONLY when a successful transaction has taken place. I believe from searching these forums for a few days that quite a number of people run sites in a similar fashion, whereby they do not want either the merchant or customer to be notified of an order unless there has been a successful transaction. This is the way many other commercial e-commerce sites work (Amazon to name one!) I do not receive any emails from these sites until I have made a successful payment.
Thanks for all your help and support.
When the ordered was created on the site is was being set to confirmed, before payment was taken, then once payment had been taken, and you returned to the site, the email was not being sent because the status was not being changed. By commenting out:
if($dbOrder->order_status == $order_status){
// return true;
}
The plugin then continued with the code and successfully sent the emails. It maybe a bit dirty but it works in my situation!
I think there is certainly scope for a future release to allow emails to be sent ONLY when a successful transaction has taken place. I believe from searching these forums for a few days that quite a number of people run sites in a similar fashion, whereby they do not want either the merchant or customer to be notified of an order unless there has been a successful transaction. This is the way many other commercial e-commerce sites work (Amazon to name one!) I do not receive any emails from these sites until I have made a successful payment.
Thanks for all your help and support.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #262397
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Paypal return but no notification email sent
Hello,
Why not, if you're okey with this solution we are happy that you have your solution !
But in the future, if you have issue with this plugin, in order to better understand situation give us information that you have custom your paypal plugin.
And so understand plugin processing will be less difficult for us, that's the only limit I see with this kind of solution.
the best way to send your plugin version, and so everyone will process tests with the same plugin.
Regards
Why not, if you're okey with this solution we are happy that you have your solution !
But in the future, if you have issue with this plugin, in order to better understand situation give us information that you have custom your paypal plugin.
And so understand plugin processing will be less difficult for us, that's the only limit I see with this kind of solution.
the best way to send your plugin version, and so everyone will process tests with the same plugin.
Regards
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds