- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Allow customer to enter Point amount to be used at checkout
- insightdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #277813
by insightdesign
-- url of the page with the problem -- : localhost
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
I've followed the User Point setup and I have the Point Plugin working. Upon trying it I noticed that the customer doesn't get to choose the amount of points they want to use (it seems to be predetermined by a min/max amount in the config). Is there any way to change this from radio buttons (yes/no) and instead have a input field amount? This is similar to how Opencart "Reward Points" are applied (see attached pic).
(example, "You have XXX points, please enter a valid point total to use at checkout").
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
I've followed the User Point setup and I have the Point Plugin working. Upon trying it I noticed that the customer doesn't get to choose the amount of points they want to use (it seems to be predetermined by a min/max amount in the config). Is there any way to change this from radio buttons (yes/no) and instead have a input field amount? This is similar to how Opencart "Reward Points" are applied (see attached pic).
(example, "You have XXX points, please enter a valid point total to use at checkout").
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 weeks ago #277815
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Allow customer to enter Point amount to be used at checkout
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- insightdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 3 weeks ago #277878
by insightdesign
Replied by insightdesign on topic Allow customer to enter Point amount to be used at checkout
So it doesn't look like this is possible correct?
Are there any plans to implement such a feature in the future
Optimally I need a way to have Admins apply a Checkout Price adjustment at Checkout. I thought it would be simple enough to give the admin account user points and they could proceed through checkout and make the price adjustments using points. Is there any other way an admin can adjust the checkout price by a certain number? It seems that the point system is really just another coupon method attached to a user, and the actual coupons are also predefined amounts. Do you still think using the point-system is the best approach for discounting store credit by a number amount?
Are there any plans to implement such a feature in the future
Optimally I need a way to have Admins apply a Checkout Price adjustment at Checkout. I thought it would be simple enough to give the admin account user points and they could proceed through checkout and make the price adjustments using points. Is there any other way an admin can adjust the checkout price by a certain number? It seems that the point system is really just another coupon method attached to a user, and the actual coupons are also predefined amounts. Do you still think using the point-system is the best approach for discounting store credit by a number amount?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 weeks ago #277889
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Allow customer to enter Point amount to be used at checkout
Hi,
I still think that the user points system is the best for that.
We didn't have such plan so far as not many people asked for it. We'll see if we do it or not in the future but I can't promise anything for now.
I still think that the user points system is the best for that.
We didn't have such plan so far as not many people asked for it. We'll see if we do it or not in the future but I can't promise anything for now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds