- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 1
Currency position
- heinburgh@gmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
8 years 10 months ago #282056
by heinburgh@gmail.com
Currency position was created by heinburgh@gmail.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 56.0.2 64bit
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello,
I realise customisation is not really your business, but I have this small issue that I just cannot nail. Kindly help me in the right direction.
Top right of my page has a template position: top-menu. This is where I keep both my cart and currency switcher. For some reason the cart is on top of the currency switcher, and Idon't know what files to edit or how to override the css to get them sitting side by side.
I thought it was an issue with the template, but the template company support team told me it should be adjusted with the modules, and I believe this because all other content that I publish in this position sits side by side. It is only these two modules that do this.
Thanks you.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 56.0.2 64bit
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello,
I realise customisation is not really your business, but I have this small issue that I just cannot nail. Kindly help me in the right direction.
Top right of my page has a template position: top-menu. This is where I keep both my cart and currency switcher. For some reason the cart is on top of the currency switcher, and Idon't know what files to edit or how to override the css to get them sitting side by side.
I thought it was an issue with the template, but the template company support team told me it should be adjusted with the modules, and I believe this because all other content that I publish in this position sits side by side. It is only these two modules that do this.
Thanks you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 10 months ago #282066
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Currency position
Hi,
Well, it's just because each module is surrounded by a DIV, which has the CSS display property set to block by default, and thus the elements go one below the other.
Add a float:left on them and that will make them go one next to each other.
Such CSS can be added either to your template CSS (this depends on how your template is made so the best is to ask there where that should be), or to HikaShop's CSS.
If you don't know how to edit HikaShop's CSS, we actually have a tutorial which explains how:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
It also explains how to find the CSS classes you want to use in your CSS thanks to your browser's developer tool.
Well, it's just because each module is surrounded by a DIV, which has the CSS display property set to block by default, and thus the elements go one below the other.
Add a float:left on them and that will make them go one next to each other.
Such CSS can be added either to your template CSS (this depends on how your template is made so the best is to ask there where that should be), or to HikaShop's CSS.
If you don't know how to edit HikaShop's CSS, we actually have a tutorial which explains how:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
It also explains how to find the CSS classes you want to use in your CSS thanks to your browser's developer tool.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- heinburgh@gmail.com
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 1
8 years 10 months ago #282206
by heinburgh@gmail.com
Replied by heinburgh@gmail.com on topic Currency position
Nicolas, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a very clear and helpful response. With your advice I shuld have been able to rectify that alignment issue, but unfortunately I have spent a few hours going through all the files that hold refrences CSS styling for that div's. Added float:left everywhere but still no change. Tried cleaning the browser cache after every change to do a clean refresh but it's not budging. I'll try again when I have more time someday.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds