Skip to main content

Getting started with Stripe Connect plugin

More
7 years 10 months ago #300604 by earmaster
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.16

Hi,

We just purchased the Stripe Connect plugin thinking that it would enable us to get access to the V3 Stripe API, but we're having problems setting it up.

The Credentials option gives 2 choices:
- "Use Global Credentials"
- A set of keys that look like those you get with a Connect account

What are these "Global credentials"? They don't appear in the plugin documentation.
Why is there no option to enter the regular Stripe keys (Published and Secret Keys) like in the legacy Stripe plugin?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300606 by Jerome
Hello,

"Global credentials" mean that it will use the credentials that you can configure in the "Joomla > Plugins" part.
These "global credentials" are required if you want to use the "connect" feature with HikaMarket.

In your case, you don't want these "global credentials" and by selecting "no", it will display you the fields regarding the Client Id, API Key and Publishable Key.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300618 by earmaster
Thank you Jerome. Client ID, API Key and Publishable Key are only available in Stripe when you use their Connect service. Regular Stripe users have only a Publishable Key and a Secret Key. Where can we type those?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300621 by Jerome
Hello,

If you do not have a Client ID, you can let the field empty.
API Key is also named "secret key" in Stripe.
CF : stripe.com/docs/keys
But in their library and documentation, it is named "api_key"
CF : stripe.com/docs/api/authentication?lang=php

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300688 by earmaster
Thank you. I have entered the keys but I get this error in the Chrome console when the payment step opens in Hikashop:

Uncaught Error: Stripe.js must be loaded from js.stripe.com. For more information stripe.com/docs/stripe-js/reference#including-stripejs

at new t (b9ce56d7a6d3c2ad29978707504f2621.js:35)
at e.value (b9ce56d7a6d3c2ad29978707504f2621.js:35)
at new e (b9ce56d7a6d3c2ad29978707504f2621.js:35)
at Ta (b9ce56d7a6d3c2ad29978707504f2621.js:35)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (b9ce56d7a6d3c2ad29978707504f2621.js:79)
at i (jquery.min.js?e4c7aba96b716a9da82ccb033ae5d9a0:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js?e4c7aba96b716a9da82ccb033ae5d9a0:2)
at Function.ready (jquery.min.js?e4c7aba96b716a9da82ccb033ae5d9a0:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.min.js?e4c7aba96b716a9da82ccb033ae5d9a0:2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300690 by Jerome
Hello,

The plugin do load the stripe.js file with the right URL and parameter.
Code:
$doc->addScript('https://js.stripe.com/v3/');
Do you have a template or system plugin which could alter that ?
Without having a look at your website, it will be very difficult to tell you more.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300725 by earmaster
Our HIkashop store is at www.earmaster.com/shop.html . Currently, only the free Stripe plugin is visible to guests. The Stripe Connect is only visible to admins.

Of bigger plugins or templates that we use and could be a problem, what I can think of is Gantry 5, Falang, Less, Roksproket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300730 by Jerome
Hello,

Since we cannot see the result page, you will have to check the source code of the page to see how it is included.
To know what is that "b9ce56d7a6d3c2ad29978707504f2621.js" file and where it is.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: earmaster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300753 by earmaster
That file is from JCH Optimize: www.jch-optimize.net/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300755 by earmaster
Hi again Jerome,

Great news, the culprit was indeed JCH Optimize. Stripe considered the caching as self-hosting of the JS file. I added the Stripe JS as exception in JCH and now the plugin works as expected :)

Thanks for your help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300759 by earmaster
Now that the plugin works, I have another questions if you don't mind.

I can't seem to find a way to translate all the texts shown on the payment step. I added "CREDIT_OR_DEBIT_CARD" and the "Submit payment" button as language overrides in the language files of Hikashop, but there are other texts that are loaded dynamically that I can't find. Like for example the errors messages displayed when the customer enters a wrong card number. Do you knwo how this can be translated?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300763 by Jerome
Hello,

What translations are you talking about exactly ?

If you're referring to the placeholder in the credit card input, it is something related to Stripe-js ; I see that it is possible to force a locale but I don't see a way to override the translations.
stripe.com/docs/stripe-js

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #300798 by earmaster
I was referring to both the text above the card input area ("credit or debit card"), the card input area itself, and the payment button ("Submit payment"). I found variables in the plugin and added them to our language files overrides, and that will do it for us.

I was also wondering how I could add a heading to the payment page because it was very bare out of the box, and ended up customizing the "end" view. So now we're all set and it's gone live. Thank you again for your help.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by earmaster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #300966 by earmaster
Update on this: I can't complete transactions after all. I get an error: 0 Call to a member function getCustomer() on null

I can see there's already a thread about that error , so I'll participate there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum