- Posts: 161
- Thank you received: 8
Paypal plugin - problem accepting credit card payments
- Crashbandi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
7 years 6 days ago #311386
by Crashbandi
Paypal plugin - problem accepting credit card payments was created by Crashbandi
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.luxminime.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.22
Hi,
I'm having a problem accepting credit card payments.
I am using the standard Paypal plugin, but the Paypal gateway won't accept card payments without me creating a Paypal account?
Hope you can help.
Regards,
Colin.
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.22
Hi,
I'm having a problem accepting credit card payments.
I am using the standard Paypal plugin, but the Paypal gateway won't accept card payments without me creating a Paypal account?
Hope you can help.
Regards,
Colin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 6 days ago #311387
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal plugin - problem accepting credit card payments
Hi,
You need your merchant account to be Business/Premier to be able to accept credit card payments without a PayPal account, and you need the "account optional" setting in your PayPal merchant account to be turned on if you want that to be available to your customers:
www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/account-optional
For further inquiries on that, I'm afraid you'll have to check with the PayPal merchant support. They can better help you than us on issues relative to the configuration of your PayPal merchant account.
You need your merchant account to be Business/Premier to be able to accept credit card payments without a PayPal account, and you need the "account optional" setting in your PayPal merchant account to be turned on if you want that to be available to your customers:
www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/account-optional
For further inquiries on that, I'm afraid you'll have to check with the PayPal merchant support. They can better help you than us on issues relative to the configuration of your PayPal merchant account.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crashbandi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #320818
by lenfanta
Replied by lenfanta on topic Paypal plugin - problem accepting credit card payments
Hello
I have a professional Paypal account.
In Merchant Payments > Merchant Site Preference > Paypal account optional I checked ACTIVATE
Yet when I use the HikaShop Paypal payment plugin
Paypal always asks me to create an account.
So I configured the "Hikashop PayPal Express Checkout payment plugin" with the PAYPAL BUTTON it works, but as soon as I got it, I fell again on the account creation request page.
I would like to use the "HikaShop Paypal payment plugin" and despite my professional account and PayPal configuration I can't see the possibility to pay by credit card without creating a Paypal account.
I must have forgotten something!?
Do you have examples of sites where the configuration works?
I have a professional Paypal account.
In Merchant Payments > Merchant Site Preference > Paypal account optional I checked ACTIVATE
Yet when I use the HikaShop Paypal payment plugin
Paypal always asks me to create an account.
So I configured the "Hikashop PayPal Express Checkout payment plugin" with the PAYPAL BUTTON it works, but as soon as I got it, I fell again on the account creation request page.
I would like to use the "HikaShop Paypal payment plugin" and despite my professional account and PayPal configuration I can't see the possibility to pay by credit card without creating a Paypal account.
I must have forgotten something!?
Do you have examples of sites where the configuration works?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #320822
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Paypal plugin - problem accepting credit card payments
Hi,
As I said the issue is not with the PayPal plugin. It will allow you to pay without a PayPal account, as it does on our website (we're using that same plugin here to accept payments via PayPal and people can pay with their credit card without creating an account).
However, it's possible that because the email address that you used for the user account or the cookies on your browser, PayPal already knows you as a customer and forces you to open an account with them to continue using your credit card with them.
In any case, that's not something you can change in the settings of the PayPal plugin or in HikaShop. As I said, you need to contact PayPal's merchant support so that they can help you with your situation.
As I said the issue is not with the PayPal plugin. It will allow you to pay without a PayPal account, as it does on our website (we're using that same plugin here to accept payments via PayPal and people can pay with their credit card without creating an account).
However, it's possible that because the email address that you used for the user account or the cookies on your browser, PayPal already knows you as a customer and forces you to open an account with them to continue using your credit card with them.
In any case, that's not something you can change in the settings of the PayPal plugin or in HikaShop. As I said, you need to contact PayPal's merchant support so that they can help you with your situation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds