- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
PayPal Express: on PayPal website: ‚continue-Button‘ instead of ‚pay now‘-button
- espitalier
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #318542
by espitalier
PayPal Express: on PayPal website: ‚continue-Button‘ instead of ‚pay now‘-button was created by espitalier
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.17
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 13.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error, wrong steps in PayPal
Everything works fine when using pay-pal checkout
Using PayPal Express-checkout makes a problem:
The bad result is, that the customers sees the information that he can check the order in the next step
but there is no next step, when he clicks 'continue' he buys (yes I get the money) with no chance to cancel
I DO NOT NEED NOW this next step, so returning to HikaShop and confirm everything
BUT: I want that the ‚continue'-Button which is definitely a ‚pay now‘-button should be named as a ‚pay now‘-butto
How can I control that behavior from the paypalExpress-plugin for hikashop?
Thanks a lot,
Frédéric Espitalier
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.17
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 13.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error, wrong steps in PayPal
Everything works fine when using pay-pal checkout
Using PayPal Express-checkout makes a problem:
- OK: customer clicks on Paypal Express
- OK: customer login to PayPal
- OK: customer sees what I have to pay
- not OK
: customer clicks on the button ‚Continue‘ and then everything is payed but he expected that he can check my order - OK: customer sees the Thank You Message
- OK: I get the money

The bad result is, that the customers sees the information that he can check the order in the next step
but there is no next step, when he clicks 'continue' he buys (yes I get the money) with no chance to cancel
I DO NOT NEED NOW this next step, so returning to HikaShop and confirm everything
BUT: I want that the ‚continue'-Button which is definitely a ‚pay now‘-button should be named as a ‚pay now‘-butto
How can I control that behavior from the paypalExpress-plugin for hikashop?
Thanks a lot,
Frédéric Espitalier
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by espitalier.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #318547
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic PayPal Express: on PayPal website: ‚continue-Button‘ instead of ‚pay now‘-button
Hi,
That interface is a PayPal interface not a HikaShop interface. There is no setting you can use or code you can change to change that interface.
The best you can do is to report your findings to PayPal merchant support hoping that it will be taken into account for future improvements of their payment interface.
That interface is a PayPal interface not a HikaShop interface. There is no setting you can use or code you can change to change that interface.
The best you can do is to report your findings to PayPal merchant support hoping that it will be taken into account for future improvements of their payment interface.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- espitalier
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #318602
by espitalier
Replied by espitalier on topic PayPal Express: on PayPal website: ‚continue-Button‘ instead of ‚pay now‘-button
Hi Nicolas,
thanks for your reply,
but the paypalExpress-plugin is inside hikashop and if I use the plugin,
- my customers get a 'continue' button (to return to my shop)
- and when they press it, then they pay immediately (or the plugin confirms it) and see 'thank you'-Message on my site
- the bad thing is, that they feel cheated because under the continue button they get the info
that they can control the order on my page in the next step and after that they pay, and not at once.
PayPal shows, that this behaviour can be controlled:
developer.paypal.com/docs/archive/checko...ay-now-checkout-flow
and I thought that this is the part of the hikashop-paypal-express-plugin, isn't it?
I found nothing to configure this in my web payment section of my PayPal account.
I wonder how others can not have this effect I have,
the last time I checked this was a year ago and as far as I remember,
there was the 'pay now'-button instead of 'continue'.
Am I the only one with this effect?
Frederic
thanks for your reply,
but the paypalExpress-plugin is inside hikashop and if I use the plugin,
- my customers get a 'continue' button (to return to my shop)
- and when they press it, then they pay immediately (or the plugin confirms it) and see 'thank you'-Message on my site
- the bad thing is, that they feel cheated because under the continue button they get the info
that they can control the order on my page in the next step and after that they pay, and not at once.
PayPal shows, that this behaviour can be controlled:
developer.paypal.com/docs/archive/checko...ay-now-checkout-flow
and I thought that this is the part of the hikashop-paypal-express-plugin, isn't it?
I found nothing to configure this in my web payment section of my PayPal account.
I wonder how others can not have this effect I have,
the last time I checked this was a year ago and as far as I remember,
there was the 'pay now'-button instead of 'continue'.
Am I the only one with this effect?
Frederic
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #318609
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic PayPal Express: on PayPal website: ‚continue-Button‘ instead of ‚pay now‘-button
Hi,
Your link is not related to the Express Checkout API. That's another API of PayPal which works differently and called "Checkout with checkout.js". We didn't develop any payment plugin for that API.
Note also that this checkout.js API of PayPal is not recommended anymore. They recommend instead the Smart Payments Buttons API: developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/
Your link is not related to the Express Checkout API. That's another API of PayPal which works differently and called "Checkout with checkout.js". We didn't develop any payment plugin for that API.
Note also that this checkout.js API of PayPal is not recommended anymore. They recommend instead the Smart Payments Buttons API: developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds