- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 4
Double order emails since update to 4.3.0
6 years 4 months ago #319794
by pat01
Double order emails since update to 4.3.0 was created by pat01
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello
Since I did update to latest version 4.3.0 of Hikashop I get order mails double.
This does include order confirmation email to customer and to admin.
It only happens if payment is done by payment plugin "Saferpay". Order itself is stored only once in Hikashop. It's just the emails that get sent double.
If I use payment method "Bill" I get one email to customer and one to admin which is correct.
How can I prevent from these emails beeing sent double?
Thanks.
Patrick
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello
Since I did update to latest version 4.3.0 of Hikashop I get order mails double.
This does include order confirmation email to customer and to admin.
It only happens if payment is done by payment plugin "Saferpay". Order itself is stored only once in Hikashop. It's just the emails that get sent double.
If I use payment method "Bill" I get one email to customer and one to admin which is correct.
How can I prevent from these emails beeing sent double?
Thanks.
Patrick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #319796
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Double order emails since update to 4.3.0
Hi,
First, I would recommend to check to menu Customers>Emails history
There, you'll see the emails sent by HikaShop.
So you can check if you have the emails twice there or not.
If yes, then the emails are sent twice by HikaShop, if no, then the emails are sent once by HikaShop and they are doubled by the email server for some reason (maybe the receiver email address is twice in the email ?).
Then, I would recommend to check the "history" area of an order with the issue.
There is logged each modification of an order. If you see two emails in the Customer>Emails history listing for the order, it's highly likely that you'll see two lines of confirmation of the order by the payment plugin. This will indicate that the payment plugin has been called twice by the payment gateway to notify it of the payment (this can happen if he doesn't reply adequately the first time). And in that case, what that means is that the plugin should have some failsafe to not confirm an order that is already confirmed.
So you'll have to check with the developer of the plugin regarding that. Maybe they actually have a new version of the plugin and you just need to update it ?
First, I would recommend to check to menu Customers>Emails history
There, you'll see the emails sent by HikaShop.
So you can check if you have the emails twice there or not.
If yes, then the emails are sent twice by HikaShop, if no, then the emails are sent once by HikaShop and they are doubled by the email server for some reason (maybe the receiver email address is twice in the email ?).
Then, I would recommend to check the "history" area of an order with the issue.
There is logged each modification of an order. If you see two emails in the Customer>Emails history listing for the order, it's highly likely that you'll see two lines of confirmation of the order by the payment plugin. This will indicate that the payment plugin has been called twice by the payment gateway to notify it of the payment (this can happen if he doesn't reply adequately the first time). And in that case, what that means is that the plugin should have some failsafe to not confirm an order that is already confirmed.
So you'll have to check with the developer of the plugin regarding that. Maybe they actually have a new version of the plugin and you just need to update it ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat01
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #319860
by pat01
Replied by pat01 on topic Double order emails since update to 4.3.0
Hi
Thanks for information. I will check and let you know.
Patrick
Thanks for information. I will check and let you know.
Patrick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #319894
by pat01
Replied by pat01 on topic Double order emails since update to 4.3.0
Hi
I did a lot of testing with developer of Saferpay Plugin (webit.bz). I got new version of Plugin. Problem is not solved. The developer said:
It should not be a problem of the plugin, as it does not send any (success) email anymore.
In email history and order history I have double entries of emails (please see screenshots).
Any idea of how to solve the problem?
Thanks.
I did a lot of testing with developer of Saferpay Plugin (webit.bz). I got new version of Plugin. Problem is not solved. The developer said:
It should not be a problem of the plugin, as it does not send any (success) email anymore.
In email history and order history I have double entries of emails (please see screenshots).
Any idea of how to solve the problem?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #319910
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Double order emails since update to 4.3.0
Hi,
I've provided more information to webit.bz about the issue. Hopefully, they'll be able to give you a final solution with that extra information.
I've provided more information to webit.bz about the issue. Hopefully, they'll be able to give you a final solution with that extra information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat01
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #319911
by pat01
Replied by pat01 on topic Double order emails since update to 4.3.0
Hi
That's great, thanks a lot.
Patrick
That's great, thanks a lot.
Patrick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds