- Posts: 70
- Thank you received: 4
WorldPay Authentication Mode
- srtdesigns
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 1 month ago #323578
by srtdesigns
WorldPay Authentication Mode was created by srtdesigns
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : various
Hi, Having issues with Worldpay verification (all payments being declined) on live site. Can you please advise me what the Full Auth and Pre Auth do? The documentation is so out of date. Many thanks.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : various
Hi, Having issues with Worldpay verification (all payments being declined) on live site. Can you please advise me what the Full Auth and Pre Auth do? The documentation is so out of date. Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323581
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic WorldPay Authentication Mode
Hi,
There is no "Full Auth" and "Pre Auth" in the WorldPay Business gateway plugin in Hikashop as far as I can see.
So I'm not sure what you're talking about.
If it's a setting on your WorldPay merchant account, I would recommend to check with the WorldPay support.
We actually didn't develop that payment plugin. It was developed by a third party developer and given to us 8 years ago. So we actually never tested/used the plugin ourselves nor do we know how the merchant account interface looks like. We're just maintaining it so that it continue to work when we modify HikaShop (it happened once several years ago) or to add a small things, like more debug.
There is no "Full Auth" and "Pre Auth" in the WorldPay Business gateway plugin in Hikashop as far as I can see.
So I'm not sure what you're talking about.
If it's a setting on your WorldPay merchant account, I would recommend to check with the WorldPay support.
We actually didn't develop that payment plugin. It was developed by a third party developer and given to us 8 years ago. So we actually never tested/used the plugin ourselves nor do we know how the merchant account interface looks like. We're just maintaining it so that it continue to work when we modify HikaShop (it happened once several years ago) or to add a small things, like more debug.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- srtdesigns
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 70
- Thank you received: 4
6 years 1 month ago #323590
by srtdesigns
Replied by srtdesigns on topic WorldPay Authentication Mode
Hi, Thanks for reply. See attachment for your information.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323593
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic WorldPay Authentication Mode
Hi,
Ok, I did further research and I can see that this setting was proposed by someone else here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...business.html#264505
And it was included on github along with other modifications :
github.com/HikaShop/hikashoppayment-worl...5f7f5228063c0662a5da
So it's not a setting we've added and we don't know why it's there.
I did some research and it seems to be explained here:
docs.whmcs.com/WorldPay#Auth_Mode_A_-_Capture_Delay
The "Full Auth" choice is the "Auth Mode A" there are talking about here and it apparently allows you to capture directly the money after the transaction is approved while the "Pre Auth" choice is the "Auth Mode E" which have you manually accept the transaction on your merchant account.
Ok, I did further research and I can see that this setting was proposed by someone else here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...business.html#264505
And it was included on github along with other modifications :
github.com/HikaShop/hikashoppayment-worl...5f7f5228063c0662a5da
So it's not a setting we've added and we don't know why it's there.
I did some research and it seems to be explained here:
docs.whmcs.com/WorldPay#Auth_Mode_A_-_Capture_Delay
The "Full Auth" choice is the "Auth Mode A" there are talking about here and it apparently allows you to capture directly the money after the transaction is approved while the "Pre Auth" choice is the "Auth Mode E" which have you manually accept the transaction on your merchant account.
The following user(s) said Thank You: srtdesigns
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds