URGENT: major error, site down Barclays?
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #338816
by dunxmax
DunxMax
The more we learn the less we know.
URGENT: major error, site down Barclays? was created by dunxmax
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
shop.conformance.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.5
-- PHP version -- : PHP 7.4.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 96.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Oh, dear, we have a 0
Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by "/.../.../www/..../public_html/plugins/hikashoppayment/barclays/barclays.php" at line 17.
Hi,
We've just discovered this error on our site.
Oh, dear, we have a 0
Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by "/..../...../www/....../public_html/plugins/hikashoppayment/barclays/barclays.php" at line 17.
It looks like something to do with Barclays plugin, but not sure what it means.
Any help appreciated.
Regards
Duncan
(Apologies this is in the wrong category - please move if poss)
[Moderator :] Please don't edit your post long after posting it, as it can be disorganizing our service ticket.
Instead if you have new elements do not hesitate to create a new post, thank you very much for your attention. [Moderator]
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.5
-- PHP version -- : PHP 7.4.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 96.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Oh, dear, we have a 0
Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by "/.../.../www/..../public_html/plugins/hikashoppayment/barclays/barclays.php" at line 17.
Hi,
We've just discovered this error on our site.
Oh, dear, we have a 0
Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by "/..../...../www/....../public_html/plugins/hikashoppayment/barclays/barclays.php" at line 17.
It looks like something to do with Barclays plugin, but not sure what it means.
Any help appreciated.
Regards
Duncan
(Apologies this is in the wrong category - please move if poss)
[Moderator :] Please don't edit your post long after posting it, as it can be disorganizing our service ticket.
Instead if you have new elements do not hesitate to create a new post, thank you very much for your attention. [Moderator]
DunxMax
The more we learn the less we know.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 8 months ago #338828
by dunxmax
DunxMax
The more we learn the less we know.
Replied by dunxmax on topic URGENT: major error, site down Barclays?
It's OK, I've fixed it.
Flushed the cache on the server.
D
Flushed the cache on the server.
D
DunxMax
The more we learn the less we know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 8 months ago #338847
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic URGENT: major error, site down Barclays?
Hello,
Happy to read that you solve your issue, but note this plugin wasn't develop by the HikaShop team, and so next time the most easy way will be to contact the plugin creator.
Regards
Happy to read that you solve your issue, but note this plugin wasn't develop by the HikaShop team, and so next time the most easy way will be to contact the plugin creator.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 6 months ago #340506
by dunxmax
DunxMax
The more we learn the less we know.
Replied by dunxmax on topic URGENT: major error, site down Barclays?
Hi
I'm sorry to raise this ticket again, but I have just had the same problem with the ePDQ for Hikashop plugin - ie it's caused an error message in the shop and the shop has gone down. Refreshing the site cache at the host resolves it.
The reply on this issue suggests I need to contact the developer, but I've just been on Joomla Extensions and it's not even possible to download the plugin anymore, let alone contact the developer.
I also investigated Customweb and they don't seem to have a plugin anymore for ePDQ for Hikashop.
So, now I feel a bit concerned about this. There seems to be no official payment plugin for Barclaycard and the one I'm using keeps causing my site to crash. I haven't upgraded to Joomla 4.0 so am therefore even more concerned about what will happen then.
I'm not a coder, but I don't mind changing code if I need to do it.
I really need some help and advice on how I can resolve this issue permanently.
Kind Regards
Duncan
I'm sorry to raise this ticket again, but I have just had the same problem with the ePDQ for Hikashop plugin - ie it's caused an error message in the shop and the shop has gone down. Refreshing the site cache at the host resolves it.
The reply on this issue suggests I need to contact the developer, but I've just been on Joomla Extensions and it's not even possible to download the plugin anymore, let alone contact the developer.
I also investigated Customweb and they don't seem to have a plugin anymore for ePDQ for Hikashop.
So, now I feel a bit concerned about this. There seems to be no official payment plugin for Barclaycard and the one I'm using keeps causing my site to crash. I haven't upgraded to Joomla 4.0 so am therefore even more concerned about what will happen then.
I'm not a coder, but I don't mind changing code if I need to do it.
I really need some help and advice on how I can resolve this issue permanently.
Kind Regards
Duncan
DunxMax
The more we learn the less we know.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 6 months ago #340507
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic URGENT: major error, site down Barclays?
Hi,
This error means that the code in the plugin doesn't support recent versions of PHP. Your issue probably started since upgrading to PHP 7.4.
Well, if the developer stopped supporting the plugin, we could potentially take it and rerelease it and maintain it.
However, this is not authorized by their license: www.sellxed.com/en/software-license-agreement
So before doing anything we need to talk to them and see what they agree on.
I've sent them a message to enquire about their position.
I invite you to do the same on your end.
As a quick fix, you should clear your website cache and turn off the "error reporting" setting of the Joomla configuration. That way, the warning message triggered by some old code in the plugin won't lead to that fatal error message.
This error means that the code in the plugin doesn't support recent versions of PHP. Your issue probably started since upgrading to PHP 7.4.
Well, if the developer stopped supporting the plugin, we could potentially take it and rerelease it and maintain it.
However, this is not authorized by their license: www.sellxed.com/en/software-license-agreement
So before doing anything we need to talk to them and see what they agree on.
I've sent them a message to enquire about their position.
I invite you to do the same on your end.
As a quick fix, you should clear your website cache and turn off the "error reporting" setting of the Joomla configuration. That way, the warning message triggered by some old code in the plugin won't lead to that fatal error message.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 6 months ago #340508
by dunxmax
DunxMax
The more we learn the less we know.
Replied by dunxmax on topic URGENT: major error, site down Barclays?
Hi Nicholas,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm not sure "eQPD for Hikashop" was made by sellxed. There's no reference for the developer anywhere in the plugin I didn't set the shop up initially so I don't really know much about the plugin at all.
The worrying thing about error reporting is that it's already set to "none".
Regards
D
Thanks for your reply.
I'm not sure "eQPD for Hikashop" was made by sellxed. There's no reference for the developer anywhere in the plugin I didn't set the shop up initially so I don't really know much about the plugin at all.
The worrying thing about error reporting is that it's already set to "none".
Regards
D
DunxMax
The more we learn the less we know.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 6 months ago #340541
by dunxmax
DunxMax
The more we learn the less we know.
Replied by dunxmax on topic URGENT: major error, site down Barclays?
Further to my above message, I have now contacted sellxed.
Can you keep me up to date if you get a reply.
Thanks
Duncan
Can you keep me up to date if you get a reply.
Thanks
Duncan
DunxMax
The more we learn the less we know.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 6 months ago #340546
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic URGENT: major error, site down Barclays?
Hi,
I got a reply, but the person didn't seem to understand what I meant.
Could you provide a copy of the plugin to contact AT hikashop DOT com so that I can check the content of the package ? Maybe there is information somewhere to confirm who developed this and what is the license, etc.
I got a reply, but the person didn't seem to understand what I meant.
Could you provide a copy of the plugin to contact AT hikashop DOT com so that I can check the content of the package ? Maybe there is information somewhere to confirm who developed this and what is the license, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds