Skip to main content

Orders Created Not Paid

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #343249 by davec
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.10

Hi

I am not sure if there is an issue with PayPal!

I have a busy site which now has a number of orders that have been created but not paid when using PayPal. Stripe payments are being processed. In some cases there are multiple orders from the same person and I have asked the client to contact them to raise a query.

I have now attached a screenshot. When the customer carried out a purchase he get the message as per the attached.

This is now quite urgent as they have a number of clients using PayPal!

Are the Developers aware of any PayPal issues?

Thanks

David
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by davec. Reason: Attachment Added.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #343258 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Orders Created Not Paid
Hi,

That's a generic error so hard to say anything.
It works fine on our end so I don't know why this is happening. Did something change on that website ? Like for example, someone changed the settings of the PayPal payment plugin ? Or of the address custom fields (if some fields required for the address are missing because they were disabled, then it could lead to such an error for example) ?
Also, I would recommend contacting the PayPal merchant tech support to inquire about this error. They should have more information about the problem in their logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #343263 by davec
Replied by davec on topic Orders Created Not Paid
Hi Nicolas

apart from Hikashop updates, nothing has been changed on the site.

I will ask the client to contact PayPal.

I am currently restoring a file & database backup from 1st July. I will re-test then.

Thanks

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #343266 by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Orders Created Not Paid
Hello,

Ok, try to be back with more elements, from Paypal support and from the payment log , then you have to active the debug mode in your Paypal settings (in order to fill the payment log).
Awaiting your returns, we hope we will get your solution.

Regards
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Philip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #343289 by davec
Replied by davec on topic Orders Created Not Paid
Hi Philip

I have asked the client to contact PayPal. I tested another site I have and all worked as expected. I have already switched the Payment Debug on. Happy to email this over!

Thanks

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #343294 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Orders Created Not Paid
Hi,

You can send the payment error log from the HikaShop configuration to contact AT hikashop DOT com
Make sure you include a link to this thread for reference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #343302 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Orders Created Not Paid
Hi,

I got the log.
Just before you activated the debug setting, I can see you have an error:
Amount must be at least £0.30 gbp

But that error comes from Stripe connect not PayPal.

Try just turning off the debug setting of the PayPal payment method because I don't see anything strange in the debug besides that.

Are you sure that the problem was with PayPal and not Stripe at the beginning ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #343312 by davec
Replied by davec on topic Orders Created Not Paid
Hi Nicolas

it is only PayPal. While there is a Stripe error all payments above 30p are working. The last PayPal transaction that processed correctly was on 12th July.

The client is or has contacted PayPal, I am still awaiting a response from him.

Thanks

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #343313 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Orders Created Not Paid
On the 14th, I can see several payment notifications.
One of them for example is the payment notification with the id 05B91690445140129
Normally, in the IPN history of your PayPal merchant account, you can access the details of the payment notification.
I see only two reasons why that payment notification wouldn't trigger the order status changing to confirmed:
- the amount paid and the total amount of the order are not exactly the same. This can happen if you have the "send order details" setting activated in your PayPal payment method. However, from what I can see in the log, this is apparently not the case.
- something blocked the update of the status. It could be a plugin or a mass action. So check if any plugin was added on the 11th or 12th or any mass action in the System>Mass actions menu. Also, it's possible it would be stopped by a PHP fatal error. So I would recommend checking the PHP error log. For example, if someone created a mass action with a "run PHP code" action and a "before an order is updated" trigger and the PHP code entered in the mass action is invalid, it could create that problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #343335 by davec
Replied by davec on topic Orders Created Not Paid
Hi Nicolas

thanks very much for the additional info.

F.Y.I I restored a back-up from 1st July and encountered the same error. I will update this post in due course when I have further information.

Thanks

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #343419 by davec
Replied by davec on topic Orders Created Not Paid
Hi

the issue has been caused because of some paperwork and new law in the USA. This hopefully will be resolved shortly.

Thanks

David
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by davec. Reason: Post just updated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #343420 by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Orders Created Not Paid
Hello,

We aren't sure to understand what your client want to achieved (or avoid), if he want to stop the creation of order that won't be possible to finished (paid) by Paypal, then we wonder why can't you just unpblished your Paypal method, to have time to solve this problem of "paperwork" ?

Maybe there are something that we didn't understand well, if yes can you elaborate more the idea, please ?
Regards
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Philip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #343436 by davec
Replied by davec on topic Orders Created Not Paid
Hi Philip

Sorry, I did update the last post but not before you answered. PayPal is now switched off as is the Automatic cancellation of orders not paid which resulted in customers emailing and asking why the order was cancelled.

This will all be resolved once PayPal has updated the clients account.

Thanks

David
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum