- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 1
How to assign a payment method to a product?
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
Hello,
I have some simple downloadable digital products, for example PayPal is fine for them.
But for subscriptions I need only the recurring payment to appear in the checkout, and for other products - PayPal standard.
I have read the documentation and the forum but have not found how to assign a payment method to a product or category.
Also, PayPal recurring does not work here: when I confirm the payment (testing mode) - I am directed to the PayPal home page and the possibility of proceeding with the payment is lost.
How does it work?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Supposing you're using HikaSubscription for your subscriptions, if you have the "Make recurring optional" setting turned off in the configuration page of HikaSubscription, you'll get automatically only PayPal recurring for products with a subscription plan attached to them.
And in the PayPal recurring payment plugin, you can turn off the "handle no recurring" setting so that when products without a plan attached to them are in the cart, that payment method won't appear.
So you should not need to restrict payment methods to categories/products to do that.
Regarding PayPal recurring not working, we would need more information. Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of the payment method ? Could you provide a link to the shop and instructions to reproduce the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The payment problem remains, I am attaching the screenshot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have a Paypal Sandbox account for the email your provided ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you provide a link to the shop and instructions to reproduce the problem ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sorry but the link is not working.
And we don't have the rest of the requested elements.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I can see that you're using the PayPal sandbox. Did you activate the recurring capabilities of your sandbox account ?
stackoverflow.com/questions/15848191/how...-for-sandbox-account
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
yes, I have checked, and it is active.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then I don't know why it does this because the PayPal recurring plugin is redirecting to PayPal.
Please contact PayPal merchant support so that they can check the situation:
www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.