- Posts: 195
- Thank you received: 18
New PayPal Plugin
3 years 11 months ago #345676
by Sandra74
New PayPal Plugin was created by Sandra74
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
jouets.idimweb.net
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.11
Hi,
I've set up the new PayPal Plugin but I can't make it work. I have a message "Invalid Country Code". The countries' codes I set up are correct (AFAIK) so I can't figure out what I missed.
Would it be possible for you to help me?
Thanks
Sandra
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.11
Hi,
I've set up the new PayPal Plugin but I can't make it work. I have a message "Invalid Country Code". The countries' codes I set up are correct (AFAIK) so I can't figure out what I missed.
Would it be possible for you to help me?
Thanks
Sandra
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 11 months ago #345682
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic New PayPal Plugin
Hi,
The country codes needs to be compatible with what PayPal wants, and not correct as per other rules. That's why HikaShop comes with a list of countries with the codes entered so that they are what payment gateways expect and we can realy on these in the payment plugins. Some payment plugins adapt these default codes to others when necessary.
I can see you're using extra country zones you've created in the menu System>Zones.
That's possible, but in that case, you need to enter for them one of the codes supported by your payment gateway. For PayPal :
developer.paypal.com/api/rest/reference/country-codes/
For example, since Saint Barthélémy is not in the list, and since it's an overseas collectivity of France ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Barth%C3%A9lemy ), even though wikipedia states that the 2 letters ISO code for it should be BL, I suppose you want to use the code for France which is FR
The best of course is to contact PayPal support and check with them which country code you should use for each island. They'll know better than me what they want you to use for them
The country codes needs to be compatible with what PayPal wants, and not correct as per other rules. That's why HikaShop comes with a list of countries with the codes entered so that they are what payment gateways expect and we can realy on these in the payment plugins. Some payment plugins adapt these default codes to others when necessary.
I can see you're using extra country zones you've created in the menu System>Zones.
That's possible, but in that case, you need to enter for them one of the codes supported by your payment gateway. For PayPal :
developer.paypal.com/api/rest/reference/country-codes/
For example, since Saint Barthélémy is not in the list, and since it's an overseas collectivity of France ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Barth%C3%A9lemy ), even though wikipedia states that the 2 letters ISO code for it should be BL, I suppose you want to use the code for France which is FR
The best of course is to contact PayPal support and check with them which country code you should use for each island. They'll know better than me what they want you to use for them
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 11 months ago #345691
by Sandra74
Replied by Sandra74 on topic New PayPal Plugin
Thanks a lot Nicolas.
I've sent a message to PayPal. Let's see
Sandra
I've sent a message to PayPal. Let's see
Sandra
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds