- Posts: 298
- Thank you received: 7
New PayPal Checkout Payment Method Not Working
2 years 11 months ago #356332
by a2zcs
New PayPal Checkout Payment Method Not Working was created by a2zcs
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
aquacorals.com/index.php/gc/checkout/confirm
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
I've cleared the site cache and the browser cache, but when I go to check out and click on any of the payment choices, the screen just flashes or does nothing. I was able to get it to work once yesterday, but not since and others are having the same problem with it.
The client would also like the button centered.
Any thoughts?
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
I've cleared the site cache and the browser cache, but when I go to check out and click on any of the payment choices, the screen just flashes or does nothing. I was able to get it to work once yesterday, but not since and others are having the same problem with it.
The client would also like the button centered.
Any thoughts?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 11 months ago #356340
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic New PayPal Checkout Payment Method Not Working
Hi,
The buttons work fine on your website for me:
i.imgur.com/p7S4gUo.png
i.imgur.com/0WHKKcV.png
So I suppose it must be some issue with your browser. Could you try with another browser ?
Regarding the centering, it's because you're using an old version of HikaShop where the width of the buttons area is too small, at only 55px. Updating HikaShop would fix the problem. Otherwise, you can edit the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalcheckout/paypalcheckout_end.php via FTP and change the line:
in order to increase the value.
The buttons work fine on your website for me:
i.imgur.com/p7S4gUo.png
i.imgur.com/0WHKKcV.png
So I suppose it must be some issue with your browser. Could you try with another browser ?
Regarding the centering, it's because you're using an old version of HikaShop where the width of the buttons area is too small, at only 55px. Updating HikaShop would fix the problem. Otherwise, you can edit the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalcheckout/paypalcheckout_end.php via FTP and change the line:
Code:
max-width: 55px;
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 11 months ago #356344
by a2zcs
Replied by a2zcs on topic New PayPal Checkout Payment Method Not Working
It seems to me that as an admin I'm bouncing all around the site. The owner does too and we were both having issues with the buttons. I tried it on a machine that hasn't gone there to the site and it did work ok. Do you know of some way to keep the site/hikashop from getting cached? I do have caching off in Joomla configuration
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 11 months ago #356346
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic New PayPal Checkout Payment Method Not Working
Hi,
I don't know. It depends what is setup on your hosting side to cache things. Are you/your hosting using some kind of CDN like Cloudflare ? This can creat caching issues too.
I don't know. It depends what is setup on your hosting side to cache things. Are you/your hosting using some kind of CDN like Cloudflare ? This can creat caching issues too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 11 months ago #356357
by a2zcs
Replied by a2zcs on topic New PayPal Checkout Payment Method Not Working
Nope, nothing of that nature.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 11 months ago #356368
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic New PayPal Checkout Payment Method Not Working
Hello,
Then, we think you need to check with your host server provider, and more especially around cache setup.
Because your test with another machine confirm that the issue is around cache settings.
Regards
Then, we think you need to check with your host server provider, and more especially around cache setup.
Because your test with another machine confirm that the issue is around cache settings.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds