- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
JCE HTML Editor will not save
15 years 6 months ago #11516
by kinkeld
JCE HTML Editor will not save was created by kinkeld
When a product or category description is created using the JCE editor the document will not save. The file is saved but all the text is stripped. I tried using the tinymce editor but I don't get the editing otions I need. I'm using Joomla 1.6. Thank you. Dan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11544
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: JCE HTML Editor will not save
JCE editor is not yet compatible with joomla 1.6
There is a beta version for joomla 1.6 on that page: www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/category/beta but the stable version is not compatible with joomla 1.6
We just tried to install it on our end but we had an error when creating an new product or a new category. We had the same bug when try to create an article:
Unable to initialize TinyMCE : TypeError: Cannot call method "split" of undefined
I would recommend to use another editor for now on joomla 1.6 or to ask JCE's developers how to solve that problem as it's a problem within JCE and not hikashop.
There is a beta version for joomla 1.6 on that page: www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/category/beta but the stable version is not compatible with joomla 1.6
We just tried to install it on our end but we had an error when creating an new product or a new category. We had the same bug when try to create an article:
Unable to initialize TinyMCE : TypeError: Cannot call method "split" of undefined
I would recommend to use another editor for now on joomla 1.6 or to ask JCE's developers how to solve that problem as it's a problem within JCE and not hikashop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11613
by kinkeld
Replied by kinkeld on topic Re: JCE HTML Editor will not save
thanks for the advice. I tried a few different editors and between them all I'm able to get the results I need. thanks again for all your assistance. Dan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds