Skip to main content

IE8 error

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #15593 by mett
IE8 error was created by mett
Hello,

I get this messages when i try to change order status in IE8. Work fine in Firefox 4.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; MS-RTC LM 8; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Timestamp: Tue, 3 May 2011 07:49:22 UTC


Message: Not implemented

Line: 94
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: /media/system/js/modal.js


Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
Line: 59
Char: 102
Code: 0
URI: /media/system/js/mootools.js


Message: 'this.fx.overlay' is null or not an object
Line: 182
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: /media/system/js/modal.js

I use Joomla Mootools Upgrade plugin which work fine with other applications.

Thank you
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by mett.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15603 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: IE8 error
Hi,

We could not reproduce the problem on our end. It works fine with the mtupgrade plugin published on IE8.

Do you have the latest version of HikaShop ? Which version of Joomla do you have ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15604 by mett
Replied by mett on topic Re: IE8 error
i use hikashop 1.4.9, joomla 1.5.20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15606 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: IE8 error
Could you provide an FTP and back end access to your website so that we can see the problem and directly fix it ? You can send us the information via our contact form: www.hikashop.com/en/support/contact-us.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15608 by mett
Replied by mett on topic Re: IE8 error
unfortunately, no, ftp and database are behind a firewall, only website can be accessed from external. I tried to disable Joomla Mootools Upgrade, same problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15609 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: IE8 error
So it must be coming from something else.
If you could give us a back end access and install something like extplorer, we would be able to use that as well instead of the FTP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15611 by mett
Replied by mett on topic Re: IE8 error
I sent you a message using contact form. P.S: you will se Joomla version 1.5.15 but current version is 1.5.20, version.php file was not updated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15612 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: IE8 error
Hi,

We got the access and looked at the order status changer on your website. We could not reproduce the problem. It always worked. We tried on IE8 on both the listing of orders and the order page on your backend and worked all the time without any javascript error with or without the javascript debugger activated in IE. Could you do a screenshot of the page where you have the problem ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15613 by mett
Replied by mett on topic Re: IE8 error
I tested again using two other computers, same problem..please see attached image

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15619 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: IE8 error
I tried everything I could think of without being able to see the error.
I tried on IE 7 8 9, with the downgrade mode, with IE tester, I tried with the "show debug" option activated, deactivate, with the debugger activated, deactivated and on different computers. I never got that error box so, unfortunately, I'm not able to help you. The only thing I can recommend is to use another browser like firefox or chrome, when administrating your website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum