Cannot add product
Up until today, we only had one product for sale but I just tried adding another product in a different category and it refused to save. The only error message is "Error Saving".
If I try to do anything with the only product we do have the error message says " A product with the same code already exists. Error Saving" but this is our only product.
Incidentally, the product I tried to add had a totally different code to the existing one.
Any ideas what has happened?
Regards, Jeff.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That should display another error message which should give more information about the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hope the attached DOC gives a clue
Regards, Jeff.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
or that: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/3-bug-rep...t.html?lang=en#12117
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I ran the SQL query and it's all working again.
Incidentally, I first tried the "modify version number" trick but that didn't work.
Many thanks Nocolas brilliant support as always, have a beer on me :woohoo:
Regards, Jeff.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
There really should be a clearer warning about the method that Hikashop uses to update - every other Joomla add-on manages it ok, and Joomla can update itself just fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...lity-issues.html#SQL
As explained, you will find the query that you need to run in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/install.hikashop.php
If you're missing the product_canonical field in the product table, it's that query that you need to run:
ALTER TABLE `#__hikashop_product` ADD `product_canonical` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
(make sure that you replace the table prefix, as explained in the documentation)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
nicolas wrote: Here is the documentation relative to that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...lity-issues.html#SQL
As explained, you will find the query that you need to run in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/install.hikashop.php
If you're missing the product_canonical field in the product table, it's that query that you need to run:
ALTER TABLE `#__hikashop_product` ADD `product_canonical` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
(make sure that you replace the table prefix, as explained in the documentation)
Yes, install.hikashop.php was where I looked, but there is no occurence of the "product_canonical" field that is indicated in the 1054 error given by Joomla in debug mode, so I wasn't sure what SQL query to run, but you have now told me, so thank you.
I ran the query and it worked, but it turned out that a second field was missing too (product_msrp). Ran the query on that and it's all fixed, thank you very much. The built-in updater now works too and I have the latest version of HikaShop once more.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.