- Posts: 137
- Thank you received: 2
Missing in product listing
- emergentec
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 4 weeks ago #24697
by emergentec
Missing in product listing was created by emergentec
Hi!
Since the last update to HikaShop 1.5.3 there is no <title> tag when accessing the product listing page. (Joomla 1.7). On the product pages it works as it should
Best regards
Since the last update to HikaShop 1.5.3 there is no <title> tag when accessing the product listing page. (Joomla 1.7). On the product pages it works as it should
Best regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 weeks ago #24699
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Missing in product listing
Hi,
I can see the title tag on products listings with the latest version regardless of the version of joomla (I tried them all just to make sure). I can also see the title tag on our demo website on listings.
So everything is OK on our end.
I can see the title tag on products listings with the latest version regardless of the version of joomla (I tried them all just to make sure). I can also see the title tag on our demo website on listings.
So everything is OK on our end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- emergentec
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 137
- Thank you received: 2
15 years 3 weeks ago #24847
by emergentec
Replied by emergentec on topic Re: Missing in product listing
OK, but where and how is this title generated? So I could solve the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #24848
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Missing in product listing
It's added with the function setTitle in the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php in the listing function.
As I said, it works properly so maybe you have something else on your website which removes the title after it's been added ?
As I said, it works properly so maybe you have something else on your website which removes the title after it's been added ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- emergentec
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 137
- Thank you received: 2
15 years 3 weeks ago #24949
by emergentec
Replied by emergentec on topic Re: Missing in product listing
Could this problem be linked up to the fact, that in the menu manager the menu item to the product listing page is of type: HikaShop » com_hikashop_product_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- emergentec
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 137
- Thank you received: 2
15 years 3 weeks ago #24950
by emergentec
Replied by emergentec on topic Re: Missing in product listing
I also just found a PHP Notice in our error log which could be the problem:
Code:
PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /.../www/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php on line 354, referer: http://....com/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #24951
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Missing in product listing
No, no, I was more thinking about a system plugin which would remove the title at the end of the page processing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- emergentec
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 137
- Thank you received: 2
15 years 3 weeks ago #24982
by emergentec
Replied by emergentec on topic Re: Missing in product listing
But why should this system plugin only remove the title on the product listing page?
Line 354 of the view.html.php sets the title
I would also like to remove the error, there is obviously a bug in the view.html.php on line 354
Line 354 of the view.html.php sets the title
Code:
$document->setTitle( strip_tags($element->category_name) );
I would also like to remove the error, there is obviously a bug in the view.html.php on line 354
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #24986
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Missing in product listing
Hi,
Here is the code in the current version:
Here is the code that will be in next version of HikaShop:
I'm not sure if it will be ok to just replace it but you should try.
Here is the code in the current version:
Code:
$page_title = $this->params->get('page_title');
$document =& JFactory::getDocument();
if((empty($page_title) && !empty($element->category_name)) || !$this->params->get('use_module_name')){
@$this->params->set('page_title',$element->category_name);
$document->setTitle( strip_tags($element->category_name) );
}else{
$document->setTitle( $page_title );
}
Here is the code that will be in next version of HikaShop:
Code:
$document =& JFactory::getDocument();
$title = $this->params->get('page_title');
if(empty($title)){
$title = $this->params->get('title');
}
$use_module = $this->params->get('use_module_name');
if(empty($use_module) && !empty($element->category_name)){
$title = $element->category_name;
}
$document->setTitle(strip_tags($title));
$this->params->set('page_title',$title);
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- emergentec
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 137
- Thank you received: 2
15 years 2 weeks ago #25318
by emergentec
Replied by emergentec on topic Re: Missing in product listing
Apart from missing braces in both code parts, it works now and the error message is gone! Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds