Skip to main content

Caractheristics of Product Options

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #25809 by Nello
Hi Nicolas,

In the Main Config/View I set Characteristics values ordering: Alphabetically.
But the characteristics of the product options are sorted by ID.
How can I set in alphabetic order?

Here an example

www.hidesign.it/it/catalogo/product/show/cid-2240/poltrona-jut

Thank you!
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by Nello.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #25810 by nicolas
Hi,

There is indeed a problem on that end. You need to add the code :
Code:
if(count($mainCharacteristics[$option->product_id][0])){ $optionsVariants = array(); $config =& hikashop_config(); if($config->get('characteristics_values_sorting')=='old'){ $order = 'characteristic_id'; }else{ $order = 'characteristic_value'; } foreach($option->variants as $k2 => $variant){ $key = ''; foreach($variant->characteristics as $char){ $key .= $char->characteristic_value.'_'; } $optionsVariants[$key]=&$element->options[$k]->variants[$k2]; } ksort($optionsVariants); $element->options[$k]->variants=$optionsVariants; }
after the lines:
Code:
if(!empty($element->options)){ foreach($element->options as $k => $option){ if(!empty($option->variants)){ $this->addCharacteristics($element->options[$k],$mainCharacteristics,$characteristics);

In the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php and that will solve the problem.
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #25812 by Nello
Resolved!

Thank you so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33552 by meteomalta
I have the same issue but the suggestion given did not work - what can I do please? my site is www.gamebreakermalta.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33577 by nicolas
That modification has been added in HikaShop since then. Are you sure that you changed the corresponding option in the Display tab of the configuration of HikaShop as the poster of that thread did ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33605 by meteomalta
I am attaching screen shot to show you that I did do that but the products in the online shop do not show up in alphabetical order just the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33637 by nicolas
And could you give a link to a product page where you have options as I couldn't find a product with options on your website ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33657 by meteomalta
you can view products and categories by clicking on the online shop at www.gamebreakermalta.com but you need to register first

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33685 by nicolas
I know. I found your products on your website. But all the products I found didn't had any options. So I couldn't look at the problem. Could you give a link to a product page with options ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33688 by meteomalta
what do you mean products with options? Can you explain coz I can't understand sorry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33691 by nicolas
That thread is about option dropdowns on product pages which were not in the alphabetical order.
You said that you had that problem even though you set that option correctly in the configuration. So we would need to see a product page with option dropdowns to confirm the problem. Like this one:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=91&lang=en

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33693 by meteomalta
what I meant is that I want the products in the categories in alphbetical order NOT the options in the products which I am not using anyway

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33694 by nicolas
For that, you need to edit the hikashop options of your products listing menu/module and change the ordering column from "ordering" to "product_name". In your case, it's the module with the id 26 that you can edit via the menu Display->Content modules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33696 by meteomalta
are you referring to the section called Default Parameters for Products? Coz if yes I already have the product_name chosen as can be seen on the attachment I uploaded a few posts back

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33719 by nicolas
No, that's the Display tab of the configuration. I'm talking about the Display->Content modules menu that you can see under the title of the screen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33748 by meteomalta
ok I've seen that module but all is does is list a number of products at the side of each page. I want the products I have in the categories in alphabetical order and NOT this module of having the products listed in alphabetical order at the side of the page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33749 by nicolas
I'm 100% sure that the module with the id 26 on your website is the module which is used in categories on your main area.
Please follow my instructions and it will do what you want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #33751 by meteomalta
ah ok now I get it - I didn't realise that ID 26 was on the right - I was looking on the left :-) anyway problem solved finally - thanks a million for your help and patience and Merry Christmas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum