"Contact us for more information" button behaviour
- fgarganese
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 10 months ago #29149
by fgarganese
Francesco Garganese
Aeromnia Srl
"Contact us for more information" button behaviour was created by fgarganese
Hello,
I have problem using the "Contact us for more information" button inside the product description.
Trying to fill the form and sent it we receive no email.
We have also a contact form into the Joomla installation which works correctly.
Our web configuration uses gmail SMTP server.
What we are missing to configure?
TIA
--
Francesco
I have problem using the "Contact us for more information" button inside the product description.
Trying to fill the form and sent it we receive no email.
We have also a contact form into the Joomla installation which works correctly.
Our web configuration uses gmail SMTP server.
What we are missing to configure?
TIA
--
Francesco
Francesco Garganese
Aeromnia Srl
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #29151
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: "Contact us for more information" button behaviour
Hi,
HikaShop uses joomla's email library to send the emails. If you can send emails with joomla you should be able to send the emails with HikaShop.
However, you should check the settings in the Emails tab of the configuration of HikaShop. Sometimes, it can cause the email server to not send the emails.
For example, if you configured a bounce email, you might want to remove it.
HikaShop uses joomla's email library to send the emails. If you can send emails with joomla you should be able to send the emails with HikaShop.
However, you should check the settings in the Emails tab of the configuration of HikaShop. Sometimes, it can cause the email server to not send the emails.
For example, if you configured a bounce email, you might want to remove it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fgarganese
-
Topic Author
- Offline
14 years 10 months ago #29155
by fgarganese
Francesco Garganese
Aeromnia Srl
Replied by fgarganese on topic Re: "Contact us for more information" button behaviour
Hi Nicolas,
you're incredibly fast as usual.
I checked the emails tab before to write you before, and for what I see it seems correct.
I send you in private the screen-shots so you can see what is written inside there.
you're incredibly fast as usual.
I checked the emails tab before to write you before, and for what I see it seems correct.
I send you in private the screen-shots so you can see what is written inside there.
Francesco Garganese
Aeromnia Srl
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #29207
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: "Contact us for more information" button behaviour
Hi,
I can see in your screenshots that you use email addresses with a domain name finishing with .aero
That domain name does not exists.
So it's normal that gmail is not able to send the contact emails to these addresses since it won't find where to send the emails are your domain name does not exists.
I can see in your screenshots that you use email addresses with a domain name finishing with .aero
That domain name does not exists.
So it's normal that gmail is not able to send the contact emails to these addresses since it won't find where to send the emails are your domain name does not exists.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fgarganese
-
Topic Author
- Offline
14 years 10 months ago #29220
by fgarganese
Francesco Garganese
Aeromnia Srl
Replied by fgarganese on topic Re: "Contact us for more information" button behaviour
Hi Nicolas,
the domains .aero are absolutely regular, are only subjected to be authorized by the international aeronautical authority (ICAO) demonstrating that the requester is an aeronautical related company.
I can also tell you that the domain aeromnia.aero is managed by Google Apps from 2009 for email and the related services.
You can check its existence on the .aero whois on this page: www.nic.aero/cgi-bin/whois.cgi
the domains .aero are absolutely regular, are only subjected to be authorized by the international aeronautical authority (ICAO) demonstrating that the requester is an aeronautical related company.
I can also tell you that the domain aeromnia.aero is managed by Google Apps from 2009 for email and the related services.
You can check its existence on the .aero whois on this page: www.nic.aero/cgi-bin/whois.cgi
Francesco Garganese
Aeromnia Srl
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #29226
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: "Contact us for more information" button behaviour
Ok, I went a bit too fast.
Indeed, that domain name exists and there is a MX server for it:
www.dnswatch.info/dns/dnslookup?la=en&ho...pe=MX&submit=Resolve
I was mislead by the fact that there were no A record for that domain and never heard about that domain name suffix.
So I'm out of ideas. Basically, gmail is not able to send an email to their own email servers... I don't see why that wouldn't work.
Indeed, that domain name exists and there is a MX server for it:
www.dnswatch.info/dns/dnslookup?la=en&ho...pe=MX&submit=Resolve
I was mislead by the fact that there were no A record for that domain and never heard about that domain name suffix.
So I'm out of ideas. Basically, gmail is not able to send an email to their own email servers... I don't see why that wouldn't work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 5 months ago #47388
by senelakbas
Replied by senelakbas on topic Re: "Contact us for more information" button behaviour
you can chance your joomla main email setting. you can use sendmail option on the joomla main settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds