- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
Tax -% used in cart is 5,666667% instead of 6%
- PARAGON2009
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 9 months ago #32409
by PARAGON2009
Tax -% used in cart is 5,666667% instead of 6% was created by PARAGON2009
I'm having some trouble getting the tax right. I'm hoping someone can help.
Something strange happens when adjusting the price including tax of a product. Example: Product total price is €50,- including tax(6%). On the productpage I filled the pricefield including VAT (€50,-) One would expect that the price without 6% taxes would result in €47,-) However somehow €47,16981 is being presented. Why is 5,666666667% tax being calculated? More important, how can I make sure all prices and taxes add up and are 100% correct? Extra info: I'm using Hikashop Business on Joomla 1.7.2.
Something strange happens when adjusting the price including tax of a product. Example: Product total price is €50,- including tax(6%). On the productpage I filled the pricefield including VAT (€50,-) One would expect that the price without 6% taxes would result in €47,-) However somehow €47,16981 is being presented. Why is 5,666666667% tax being calculated? More important, how can I make sure all prices and taxes add up and are 100% correct? Extra info: I'm using Hikashop Business on Joomla 1.7.2.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #32428
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Tax -% used in cart is 5,666667% instead of 6%
Hi,
6% of 47,17 = 2.83
47.17+2.83 = 50
All over the world, the taxes are calculated based on the price without taxes, and not based on the price with taxes.
So if you want to charge 50 with the taxes of 6% included the real price of your product has to be 47.17.
6% of 47,17 = 2.83
47.17+2.83 = 50
All over the world, the taxes are calculated based on the price without taxes, and not based on the price with taxes.
So if you want to charge 50 with the taxes of 6% included the real price of your product has to be 47.17.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.964 seconds