- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Virtuemart import
14 years 6 months ago #41772
by lingyu
Virtuemart import was created by lingyu
When having joomla 2.5.1+Virtuemart 2.0.2, as well as Hikashop, and try to import from virtuemart, Hika says: VirtueMart has not been found in the database
But I do have virtuemart with products in the database.
What is the problem?
But I do have virtuemart with products in the database.
What is the problem?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #41889
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Virtuemart import
Hi,
HikaShop's import is only compatible with VirtueMart 1.x.
VirtueMart 2.x's database structure is quite different from 1.x so it would have to be adapted.
HikaShop's import is only compatible with VirtueMart 1.x.
VirtueMart 2.x's database structure is quite different from 1.x so it would have to be adapted.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 5 months ago #48370
by Kevin Morrison
Replied by Kevin Morrison on topic Re: Virtuemart import
Is there any information anywhere on how to migrate from VM2 to HikaShop? Is there any plan to have this functionality and if so do you have a timeframe when that might be a reality?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48376
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Virtuemart import
There is no such information anywhere.
What you can do is a CSV export of VM2 products data and import it in HikaShop after modifying the column names in Excel in order to match the ones of HikaShop.
Will we do it ? Why not. Is there a timeframe ? No. We have a long long list of features. That one is not a priority for now.
What you can do is a CSV export of VM2 products data and import it in HikaShop after modifying the column names in Excel in order to match the ones of HikaShop.
Will we do it ? Why not. Is there a timeframe ? No. We have a long long list of features. That one is not a priority for now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #48387
by Kevin Morrison
Replied by Kevin Morrison on topic Re: Virtuemart import
Thanks Nic...
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Kevin Morrison.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60214
by ShimWolf
Replied by ShimWolf on topic Re: Virtuemart import
Greetings,
Can you give specific instructions about adapting and modifying the csv file from VM2 export to be able to import into Hikashop?
That would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to use Hikashop but can't until I figure out how to import an existing VM2 store.
Thanks...
Can you give specific instructions about adapting and modifying the csv file from VM2 export to be able to import into Hikashop?
That would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to use Hikashop but can't until I figure out how to import an existing VM2 store.
Thanks...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60277
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Virtuemart import
Hi,
I can't give specific instructions. I've never tried to do it. It's definitely not easy to do, but not impossible.
I would recommend you to hire someone to do that for you if you can't do it yourself.
You will probably find someone interested on joomlancers.com or on the joomla resources directory: resources.joomla.org/
I can't give specific instructions. I've never tried to do it. It's definitely not easy to do, but not impossible.
I would recommend you to hire someone to do that for you if you can't do it yourself.
You will probably find someone interested on joomlancers.com or on the joomla resources directory: resources.joomla.org/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #92486
by rbc303
Replied by rbc303 on topic Virtuemart import
I am getting the same error "VirtueMart has not been found in the database"
which makes sense as it is in a different database. I wonder if this will work:
1. update from 1.1.4 to the last 1.** version.
2. export all the vm_ rows in the database to my new database.
3. import from VM to Hika
4. remove VM rows from new database.
which makes sense as it is in a different database. I wonder if this will work:
1. update from 1.1.4 to the last 1.** version.
2. export all the vm_ rows in the database to my new database.
3. import from VM to Hika
4. remove VM rows from new database.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #92561
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Virtuemart import
Hi,
Yes this should work by this way.
Don't forget to make backup before anything.
Yes this should work by this way.
Don't forget to make backup before anything.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds