Skip to main content

Registration Fails Spam check

More
15 years 8 months ago #4699 by bthayer
When I register a test user from www.heatmisersaves.com/component/comprofiler/registers there is a spam check question to answer but if I try to create a test account from the HikaShop Registration form the spam check question is not visible, therefore not answerable so after filling out all of the user details it fails a spam check that was never presented in the first place. The HikaShop registration form is on www.heatmisersaves.com/component/hikashop/checkout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4713 by nicolas
The problem is that this spam check checks also hikashop registrations.
There are 3 solutions:
1. modify that spam check to not check registrations coming from HikaShop.
2. modify that spam check to also be displayed on HikaShop's registration page.
3. use another spam check which works for both registration pages. For example, you have that plugin: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-.../authentication/7319
It checks on registration without a question by analyzing the data of the registration against online databases of spam and other things.

For both 1 and 2 solutions, you should ask the developer of the spam check.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4738 by bthayer
Thank you Nicolas,

After some checking I opted for option number 3. I hope the free version is good enough for now.

Regards,
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum