- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
weird duplication of characteristics in Backend
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I have a product with four characteristics,
1. In backend, in the product edit page, the characteristics are getting duplicated each time I save with (no value) behind it.
2. In frontend, it shows OK however it does not show the cheapest value although in Configuration, diplay I opted for that in the products settings,
see below for copy/paste of the Characteristics duplication:
Characteristics
Manage variants Add
Name Default value Order Delete ID
Hoeveel uur scriptiehulp wil je?
1
Hoeveel uur scriptiehulp wil je?
No values found
1
Hoeveel uur scriptiehulp wil je?
No values found
1
Hoeveel uur scriptiehulp wil je?
No values found
1
Hoeveel uur scriptiehulp wil je?
No values found
1
Hoeveel uur scriptiehulp wil je?
No values found
1
Hoeveel uur scriptiehulp wil je?
No values found
1
Hoeveel uur scriptiehulp wil je?
No values found
1
Hoeveel uur scriptiehulp wil je?
No values found
1
Hoeveel uur scriptiehulp wil je?
No values found
1
Hoeveel uur scriptiehulp wil je?
No values found
1
Voor welke soort opleiding?
10
Voor welke soort opleiding?
No values found
10
Voor welke soort opleiding?
No values found
10
Voor welke soort opleiding?
No values found
10
Voor welke soort opleiding?
No values found
10
Voor welke soort opleiding?
No values found
10
Voor welke soort opleiding?
No values found
10
Voor welke soort opleiding?
No values found
10
Voor welke soort opleiding?
No values found
10
Voor welke soort opleiding?
No values found
10
Voor welke soort opleiding?
No values found
10
Ideas what could be the problem?
THank you, Damiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
But the weird duplication of characteristics with no value in the backend (on the product page) keeps profilerating with now more than 20 characteristics in the backend with no value, they are all duplicates of the two existing characteristics with each two values that I use for these products.
Damiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
thank you, Damiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
and here the pages of the characteristics
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
schrijfklasje.nl/bug-fix-with-characteristics.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you try to:
1. Delete all the variants of the product on the listing of variants that you can access via the button "manage variants" on the product edition screen.
2. Delete the characteristics of the product.
3. Save the product.
4. Add the characteristics again.
5. The system will regenerate all the variants automatically and you should be able to see the dropdowns properly on the front end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
I have two characteristics with each two values. If I go to manage a variant on the product /characteristic variant page the two characteristics are already shown in duplication with a dropdown showing the two values for each and a `no values found` for each characteristic as well on a seperate line. If I then add the variants and assign prices, the duplication process starts with each saving.
What could be the cause of this?
thank you,
Damiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you try to reproduce that on our demo website ?
Could you give a step by step in order to reproduce it on our demo website ? That would help us to reproduce the problem and fix it if there is really one, or understand what you're missing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
I tried messing around a little copying on the Demo what I did on my site: changing the order of the characteristics, changing their names, changing their values names, applying discounts, it did not reproduce the problem on backend.
But on my backend, with the product page it allways shows two lines for each characteristic with on one line a dropdown possibility to choose the value and the other line saying "no values found", so I gather when I save this "no values found" is saved too and another column is added.
The "no values found" characteristics are assigned the same ID number on the product page backend, so the characteristic "Uren scriptiehulp" has about 10 lines with the same ID all saying "no values found" except one line with the values accorded to them.
Shall I make an administrator user and mail you the login so you can have a look?
The problem started last week, not sure exactly when
Damiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
I have the latest version, enterprise edition:
You have the latest stable version : 1.5.7
Damiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
Well both on my live site and on my cloned development site I have tried what you suggested, with no result!
I have deleted all products AND characteristics, but as soon as I recreate two characteristics, add them to a new product and manage the prices of the variants, the rows of the variants are duplicated each time I press `save` on the product page with a `no values found` behind it and the same id number of the one variant that has a value.
On the front end there is nothing wrong, but on the backend only this row gets copied everytime I press save.
Trying to recreate the issue on the demo site of hikashop has no effects.
Could there be a conflict with another extension? But surely, that would not show in the backend of Hikashop like this?
EXTRA INFO: when I delete the extra rows with "No values found" on the product page they still show up after I press save plus one
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
when I open the product page the alert popup with "Reference Error: WFEditor not defined appears. "
When saving product page. No further error when I save the product or save the characteristic variant. The characteristic variant only gets duplicated when I press save on the product main page.
I attach two documents, one with the database querie from debug on product page and one from database querie on characteristic oversight page,
salut!
Damiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We didn't get your attachments. Could you try again ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you give a back end access via our contact form so that we can look at that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.