- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Table borders are not showing up correctly
14 years 4 months ago #49495
by drskoot2
Table borders are not showing up correctly was created by drskoot2
Hello, I have noticed an error with my table borders beginning to occur as I continue to add more products.
The website is CarAudioWorks.net - specifically in the Boxes product sections. Categories are fine.
Sometimes the top table border doesn't appear, sometimes the bottom border, sometimes there are borders missing right in the middle of the table. I have triple checked all of the formatting and the code is correct in the descriptions. I even noticed that when I copy the either the straight source code or the rich html from the front-end and paste them into an HTML editor they come out fine. So even the source seems to be coming out ok.
I noticed also that the quantity field is missing it's table borders. So I am thinking that there is some left-over error that is continuing down into the description. I think I can edit this in the Display-views section. Possibly the product listing_img_desc or maybe product listing_div, But I'm not exactly sure, and I'm not a master at PHP. So any help would be greatly appreciated. These types of things drive me crazy and eat up a lot of my time trying to fix. lol
I also just checked IE and these table border errors do NOT occur in Internet explorer 8.0, if that helps.
The website is CarAudioWorks.net - specifically in the Boxes product sections. Categories are fine.
Sometimes the top table border doesn't appear, sometimes the bottom border, sometimes there are borders missing right in the middle of the table. I have triple checked all of the formatting and the code is correct in the descriptions. I even noticed that when I copy the either the straight source code or the rich html from the front-end and paste them into an HTML editor they come out fine. So even the source seems to be coming out ok.
I noticed also that the quantity field is missing it's table borders. So I am thinking that there is some left-over error that is continuing down into the description. I think I can edit this in the Display-views section. Possibly the product listing_img_desc or maybe product listing_div, But I'm not exactly sure, and I'm not a master at PHP. So any help would be greatly appreciated. These types of things drive me crazy and eat up a lot of my time trying to fix. lol
I also just checked IE and these table border errors do NOT occur in Internet explorer 8.0, if that helps.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49546
by rikatos
Replied by rikatos on topic Re: Table borders are not showing up correctly
Hmm not seeing much difference between ff,ie or chrome, what I do see is the tables are to wide and they go overlapping the right hand side of the borders. Also if there are differences in views between browsers I have found (in my cases!) that its usually the main template that has issues rather than the hikashop as this just fits in with your template.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49549
by drskoot2
Replied by drskoot2 on topic Re: Table borders are not showing up correctly
It was my zoom settings. lol I zoomed out one step and everything looks fine now. I ended up trying this after seeing that the page looked fine on multiple browsers on multiple computers. If I zoom back in some of the borders disappear, haha.
I didn't notice any overlap though.. hmm
I didn't notice any overlap though.. hmm
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49550
by rikatos
Replied by rikatos on topic Re: Table borders are not showing up correctly
Purely somethign I noticed, if you look at (for instance) :
caraudioworks.net/index.php?option=com_h...t=listing&Itemid=482
you will notice the top level table for the product starts on the left and right completely on the border so that on the right you can see the grey outline of your border, rather than the black one, a bit of margins left and right will sort it if its a problem
caraudioworks.net/index.php?option=com_h...t=listing&Itemid=482
you will notice the top level table for the product starts on the left and right completely on the border so that on the right you can see the grey outline of your border, rather than the black one, a bit of margins left and right will sort it if its a problem
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49596
by drskoot2
Replied by drskoot2 on topic Re: Table borders are not showing up correctly
Ahh, yes. When I super zoom in it does look like the right table border is laying over the black line, instead of being just inside of it. A 1 px change should fix that. Thanks, I'm a stickler for these kinds of things.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds