- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
edit user profile does not work
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 4 months ago #51023
by Schrijfklasje
edit user profile does not work was created by Schrijfklasje
Hi, if a customer logs into his account details/profile and wants to edit his or her profile this doesn't work.
See:
schrijfklasje.nl/Edit-user-details.html
go to tab `Je account`
username Student
password STUDENT
Any idea why this is happening?
thank you, Damiaan
See:
schrijfklasje.nl/Edit-user-details.html
go to tab `Je account`
username Student
password STUDENT
Any idea why this is happening?
thank you, Damiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51112
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: edit user profile does not work
You must have changed the link.
What is the link of the profile edition page, when SEF is turned off in the joomla configuration ?
What is the link of the profile edition page, when SEF is turned off in the joomla configuration ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 4 months ago #51259
by Schrijfklasje
Replied by Schrijfklasje on topic Re: edit user profile does not work
hi,
I have sh404SEF and saw that the nof sef link is
index.php?option=com_users&Itemid=339&lang=nl&layout=edit&view=profile
I tried to change the SEF url back to non sef but that caused flooding problems,
Should I disable SH404SEF for Hikashop or would that bring me into trouble with custom pages I made (e.g. I have two accesspoints for my products: a menu and a module - this gives two different URL's and thus when customers `like` the product it is only counted on one of those pages - I corrected this with SH404SEF and would hate to see that solution gone!)
thank you, Damiaan
I have sh404SEF and saw that the nof sef link is
index.php?option=com_users&Itemid=339&lang=nl&layout=edit&view=profile
I tried to change the SEF url back to non sef but that caused flooding problems,
Should I disable SH404SEF for Hikashop or would that bring me into trouble with custom pages I made (e.g. I have two accesspoints for my products: a menu and a module - this gives two different URL's and thus when customers `like` the product it is only counted on one of those pages - I corrected this with SH404SEF and would hate to see that solution gone!)
thank you, Damiaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51352
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: edit user profile does not work
You can use sh404sef. Try to turn off the flooding checks in sh404sef's options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schrijfklasje
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 4 months ago #51380
by Schrijfklasje
Replied by Schrijfklasje on topic Re: edit user profile does not work
hi, thanks for the suggestion.
I turned it off and changed the SEF URL Edit-user-details.html to
index.php?option=com_users&Itemid=339&lang=nl&layout=edit&view=profile in the SH404SEf URL manager.
But now the error: too many redirects appears. This seems obvious because the NON SEF redirects to the same URL, I presume causing loops. What would be the correct way to handle this?
I turned it off and changed the SEF URL Edit-user-details.html to
index.php?option=com_users&Itemid=339&lang=nl&layout=edit&view=profile in the SH404SEf URL manager.
But now the error: too many redirects appears. This seems obvious because the NON SEF redirects to the same URL, I presume causing loops. What would be the correct way to handle this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #51468
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: edit user profile does not work
If you have the option "redirect non SEF links to SEF links" turned on in sh404sef and then that you add a redirect from the SEF link to the non SEF link, it's normal that the whole thing is looping.
You need to remove one of the two.
You need to remove one of the two.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds