- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 0
Lost content menus on update
- QuantumView
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 2 months ago #57015
by QuantumView
Lost content menus on update was created by QuantumView
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I am not aware of. I upgraded from HikaShop 1.5.5 to 1.5.8 using the Joomla installer, and all appeared OK. But now I don't have any of the menus I previously created. Did I do something wrong? The content modules are still there. Is there somewhere that the menus may have gone?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you,
Chris
I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I am not aware of. I upgraded from HikaShop 1.5.5 to 1.5.8 using the Joomla installer, and all appeared OK. But now I don't have any of the menus I previously created. Did I do something wrong? The content modules are still there. Is there somewhere that the menus may have gone?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57053
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Lost content menus on update
Hi,
I've never heard of such problem.
The menus should be listed in the menu Display->Content menus.
They could potentially also be in the trash can of the menus of the joomla menu manager.
I've never heard of such problem.
The menus should be listed in the menu Display->Content menus.
They could potentially also be in the trash can of the menus of the joomla menu manager.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- QuantumView
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 2 months ago #57060
by QuantumView
Replied by QuantumView on topic Re: Lost content menus on update
I know this is very unusual. I looked in the Joomla trash, and it is empty. I have updated in the past to newer versions without this happening. It was fine even when I upgraded from Starter to Business.
I still have all of my content modules, and I still have all of my catagories and products. Just all of my content menus have vanished except for my original menu item called 'Catalogue'
I guess I will have to recreate all of them unless you have any other thoughts regaring what might have happened. I just hope an explination can be found so that this does not happen again in the future or to other users.
Thank you,
Chris
I still have all of my content modules, and I still have all of my catagories and products. Just all of my content menus have vanished except for my original menu item called 'Catalogue'
I guess I will have to recreate all of them unless you have any other thoughts regaring what might have happened. I just hope an explination can be found so that this does not happen again in the future or to other users.
Thank you,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57130
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Lost content menus on update
If you don't have them in the menu Display->Content menus it means that they were deleted so not much we can do here.
Now it would indeed be great if we would be able to understand why that happens. But it's hard to say. It could be anything on your website. Another extension, a problem with the menu table in the dababase, etc.
Now it would indeed be great if we would be able to understand why that happens. But it's hard to say. It could be anything on your website. Another extension, a problem with the menu table in the dababase, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds