- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 2
Paypal: The card you entered cannot be used ...
This is probably not a bug but I wasn't sure where else to post this question. It seems that none of my customers can use the Paypal payment option if they don't have a Paypal account. What I mean is, if they choose the Paypal payment option and then enter their credit card info, they'll get an error message from Paypal saying:
"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."
I'm thinking this has probably to do with Paypal and not with Hikashop but I wanted to ask here first because I'm much more likely to get a response here than when I try to get support from Paypal. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? The customers are using regular credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, etc... so normally they should be accepted by Paypal.
So far I've had nothing but problems with this and customers are forced to use Bank Transfer, which takes ages to reach us and brings a lot of work with it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That is an error of PayPal because they don't want to accept the credit card.
It can happen if the credit card is from a country which is not supported by PayPal.
In which case the only solution would be to use another payment gateway like AlertPay or Skrill.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But yeah, I understand there's nothing you can do about it. Thanks anyway.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
Not at all good.
Only recently added Paypal along with the existing SagePay - Paypal were quite aggressive in putting through several test orders with xxxx@test.com and only by tracing the IP address did I realise it was Paypal (eBay Dublin).
May recommend removing especially as SagePay now integrate with Paypal.
May I ask obsolum if your Paypal account is fully validated with limits lifted and what type of business account you have - Ltd company etc?
Thanks,
Tony
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However, I can tell you that so far this has happened with all of our UK based customers (which are only really a couple), all using regular Visa cards.
Our Paypal account is a verified Business Account with a limit of 2500 euro. The limit shouldn't be a problem though, as we haven't nearly reached it yet.
Like I said, the problem doesn't seem to occur when the customer actually has a Paypal account that they can log into. It's only when trying to pay through Paypal without an account. It's getting pretty frustrating, especially since there doesn't seem to be anything that I can do to solve it on my end, and also because I haven't been able to pinpoint what exactly causes this.
I'll look into Sagepay, thanks for the recommendation.
EDIT: okay, Sagepay is out of the question. We're not making enough revenue through our webshop yet to justify paying 25 quid a month for the Gateway. Unless I misinterpreted something?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The only few times we had customers contacting us for credit card issues were because they were from a country which is not supported by PayPal.
There are only two things to do for you here:
Look for an alternative to PayPal. There are cheaper solutions, supporting more countries, etc.
Contact PayPal's support by phone. Each time I had to contact them, the problem was solved during the day.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However, I don't quite understand what you mean by "cheaper" alternatives, since we don't pay any monthly fee for Paypal. Just the 3.9% fee on each transaction. We can't afford to pay a monthly fee yet because we're not making enough sales through the webshop. Also, any alternative would have to be as widely accepted as Paypal.
I haven't tried contacting Paypal yet, somehow I'm not very confident that they would be able to solve the problem or even be willing to try. I'll see how it evolves... thanks for your input.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.moneybookers.com/ads/partners/index.html?p=hikashop
It starts at 2.4%+0.25€ per transaction and there is no monthly fees. That's because we negociated with them so that you can get cheaper fees by registering from us than the normal fees.
So it's cheaper than PayPal and works for a lot more countries than PayPal:
www.moneybookers.com/ads/merchant-account/payment-options/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
I saw someone in "commercial jobs" saying they were writing a plugin for HS.
What I don't understand is that a lot of them offer Paypal through their gateway - I don't know how the charges work on that.
Tony
www.thoth-management.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've set up an account for our company and activated the Hikashop plugin, but when choosing the Moneybookers option customers don't seem to have the option to enter their credit card details but instead have to make a bank transfer. How do I enable the option for customers to use their credit card?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I might be wrong but I don't think that skrill allows you to pay via bank transfer, so I'm not sure of what you're talking about. Could you give more information ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Maybe it's different if you alredy have a Moneybookers account with a credit card linked to it? But that's just it, I want to give my customers the option to pay with their credit card without having to create an account somewhere. So like the Paypal option (which works perfectly fine for me, btw, just not for UK based people, apparently).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the Moneybookers payment plugin, there is the "hide login" option which allows you to change a bit the interface of that screen, so you can try to change that option. But other than that, it is handled by Moneybookers so you should contact them.
As far as I remember, it's totally possible to pay via credit card without a Moneybookers account.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1) it forwards me to the Moneybookers website where I'm required to login. There's no option to continue without logging in (screenshot 1)
2) after logging in I can choose between 2 payment options: bank transfer (takes a couple days), or credit through my Moneybookers Account (screenshot 2)
If anyone has managed to use the Moneybookers payment option without having to have/create an account there, and with the ability to use a credit card, I would very much like to know how, because I'm not seeing it.
I know you told me I should contact Moneybookers, but I would first like to be absolutely sure that it's even possible with the Hikashop payment plugin, because I'm (understandably) not convinced.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That way you willg et the hide login option. There are not other way to control the display of the payment interface from HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It doesn't seem to make any difference, the configuration screen of the Moneybookers Payment plugin still looks the same. Just to be sure, we are talking about HikaShop Moneybookers payment plugin, right? Not some other plugin that can be used with Moneybookers?
I find this is getting very strange. It almost seems like I'm using a completely different version of Hikashop than what you seem to be talking about.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also, you don't need to upload them.
The payment plugins are plugins, which are standard joomla extensions. So you can simply install the archive via the joomla extension installer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Anyway, installed the .zip and I do see the "hide login" option now, which is set to yes by default apparently.
I'm going to try this tomorrow on my local installation at the office so as not to place orders on the live webshop needlessly. I'll see if that makes a difference then.
Thanks for all the help so far!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I realize this is to do with Moneybookers and is out of your hands, but at least now you too know that it's NOT possible to pay with a credit card through Moneybookers without having an account there, like you can with Paypal. Well, I haven't been able to accomplish it anyway.
Looks like I'll just stick with the Paypal option then and suffer the problems it brings for UK customers.
Thanks for all the help in this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.