- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 0
Notification E-Mail Formatting Bug
14 years 2 months ago #59250
by evolution
Notification E-Mail Formatting Bug was created by evolution
I have discovered a formatting bug with the “Order administrator notification” and “Order creation notification” e-mails.
When “Display product code” in “System | Configuration | Display” is set to “Yes”, there are some formatting errors in the email HTML content.
1) The text for the product code heading in the order summary is not bolded whereas all other column headings show in bold.
Change
“<td><?php echo JText::_('CART_PRODUCT_CODE'); ?></td>”
to read
“<td style="font-weight:bold;"><?php echo JText::_('CART_PRODUCT_CODE'); ?></td>”
2) The text for the tax component at the bottom of the order summary is misaligned.
3) The text for the “total with tax” at the bottom of the order summary is misaligned.
These 2 bugs have the same underlying cause and fix:
Find the “colspan=4” statements and change them to “colspan=5”.
That fix works for me because I have “Display product code=Yes”, when “Display product code=No” there is a minor alignment problem with the item amount and the total amount so there probably needs to be an “if ($config->get('show_code'))” somewhere in there to control the behaviour more precisely.
I tried “colspan=0” because I found some online documentation stating that “0” means “span all columns”, but this did not work for me. I also tried “9” but then I got the same alignment problem that I mentioned with “colspan=5” combined with “Display product code=No”.
When “Display product code” in “System | Configuration | Display” is set to “Yes”, there are some formatting errors in the email HTML content.
1) The text for the product code heading in the order summary is not bolded whereas all other column headings show in bold.
Change
“<td><?php echo JText::_('CART_PRODUCT_CODE'); ?></td>”
to read
“<td style="font-weight:bold;"><?php echo JText::_('CART_PRODUCT_CODE'); ?></td>”
2) The text for the tax component at the bottom of the order summary is misaligned.
3) The text for the “total with tax” at the bottom of the order summary is misaligned.
These 2 bugs have the same underlying cause and fix:
Find the “colspan=4” statements and change them to “colspan=5”.
That fix works for me because I have “Display product code=Yes”, when “Display product code=No” there is a minor alignment problem with the item amount and the total amount so there probably needs to be an “if ($config->get('show_code'))” somewhere in there to control the behaviour more precisely.
I tried “colspan=0” because I found some online documentation stating that “0” means “span all columns”, but this did not work for me. I also tried “9” but then I got the same alignment problem that I mentioned with “colspan=5” combined with “Display product code=No”.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59265
by evolution
Replied by evolution on topic Re: Notification E-Mail Formatting Bug
Here is a fix that I came up with.
Search for $numcols.
Search for $numcols.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #59291
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Notification E-Mail Formatting Bug
Thank you.
We changed the code on our end so that the colspan is now dynamic in the emails based on that option and we added the CSS to bold the title.
We changed the code on our end so that the colspan is now dynamic in the emails based on that option and we added the CSS to bold the title.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds