- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 1
Simplified Registration may be not working...
14 years 1 month ago #61095
by OCAT7
Simplified Registration may be not working... was created by OCAT7
Hi there,
I have Simplified Registration turned on and yet when I register [as a test], I get this:
Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login.
Upon clicking on the activation link, your account will be activated and you will be able to continue your order
But according to the website:
When it is set to "simplified registration", those fields will also be removed but an account will be automatically created for the users and an email will be sent to him with his assigned username and password.

Using Joomla v1.5.26, Hikashop Essential v1.5.9
Thanks,
Emmanuel.
I have Simplified Registration turned on and yet when I register [as a test], I get this:
Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login.
Upon clicking on the activation link, your account will be activated and you will be able to continue your order
But according to the website:
When it is set to "simplified registration", those fields will also be removed but an account will be automatically created for the users and an email will be sent to him with his assigned username and password.
Using Joomla v1.5.26, Hikashop Essential v1.5.9
Thanks,
Emmanuel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 1 month ago #61140
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Simplified Registration may be not working...
Hello,
If you want your customer to don't have to activate their account through an activation link you'll have to :
- Go to "Administration->User manager->Options"
- Set the "New User Account Activation" to NONE then your customers will be activated right away.
Hope this will help you.
If you want your customer to don't have to activate their account through an activation link you'll have to :
- Go to "Administration->User manager->Options"
- Set the "New User Account Activation" to NONE then your customers will be activated right away.
Hope this will help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OCAT7
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61147
by OCAT7
Replied by OCAT7 on topic Re: Simplified Registration may be not working...
I knew it was somewhere and I couldn't find it 
{I should have remembered after all the installs I've done by now}
for those you need this for Joomla v1.5.26, it is under Global Configuration, User Settings, New User Account Activation: No.
{I should have remembered after all the installs I've done by now}
for those you need this for Joomla v1.5.26, it is under Global Configuration, User Settings, New User Account Activation: No.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds