Skip to main content

[SOLVED] Coupon Percentage Taking off Wrong Amount

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #64864 by MSTACE
HIkaShop: 1.6.0
Joomla 2.5.6

We did a coupon for an expo for 20% off the product.

Price of the product is $299.95

After entering the coupon the price is now: $195.62
That is a discount of 35%!
The price should be: $239.96

What is happening?
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by MSTACE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #64878 by Eliot
Hi there,

Could you post a screenshot of your discount configuration and more informations so we can test as well?
A link to you website may alse be useful so we could observe the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #64975 by MSTACE
Here is the product I gave you info about:
www.stacecosmetics.com/hika-cart/product/cid-108

A screenshot is attached.

The Coupon is: EXPO812

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #65014 by Eliot
Another question: what did you set in the main configuration about the application of discount ("Apply discounts" option)? After or before taxes?
Also, does all your variants have the same price?

Here are some things to try:
-Do not specify a tax category for your discount
-Try to change the "coupon handling of discounted products" option

We'll try to reproduce the problem on our test sites
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Eliot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65018 by MSTACE
It was set to Apply Discounts AFTER taxes.
When I set it to Apply Discounts BEFORE taxes, it takes off even MORE percentage off of the price!

The Tax Category and "coupon handling of discounted products" makes no difference at all.

Noooooo!

See:
Total $299.95

Coupon $- 119.98
GST $23.47

Final total $179.97

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65021 by Eliot
I can't reproduce the problem so it probably comes from something wrong in your configuration.
You didn't answer me about the price of your variants, did you set some?
Also, Could you try with tax so wan can see if the problem come from this point?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65040 by Eliot
One of you have to give his whole configuration so I can see if the problem exist on my side.
I need the product informations (detaxed prices, taxed prices, tax category, categories), the main configuration "discount apply" option and the discount configuration.
If I can't reproduce the problem it's probably something which is not well configured.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65044 by jansuhr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65052 by MSTACE
Do you want the MySQL dump?
PM me an email address.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65090 by Eliot
First of all here is the configuration to make this work:
-Global configuration: Apply Discount Before taxes
-Discount Configuration: select the same tax that you set for your products

With this configuration it's working fine on my end. However it seems it didn't for on Jan's website so if you could PM and access to your ftp in order to debug it would be nice.
I hope it's gonna work for you MSTACE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65160 by MSTACE
I set as you suggested and this takes off even more: 40% instead of 20%.

I will PM you the details.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65235 by Eliot
It seems it was a bug in the discount handling, I fixed it directly on your website and it working fine now.
For anyone experiencing this problem, you have to replace this line in the file discount.php (administrator\components\com_hikashop\classes):
Code:
if($product->product_id == $productid[0] || $product->product_parent_id == $productid[0]) {
With this line:
Code:
if($product->product_id == $productid[0] && empty($product->variants) || $product->product_parent_id == $productid[0]) {
The following user(s) said Thank You: jansuhr, MSTACE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65237 by jansuhr
Thanks Eliot,

That solved it! :woohoo:


Jan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #65243 by MSTACE
SOLVED!

Well done, guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #88670 by Vicka
Hi guys

I'm using Joomla 1.5.23 & Hikashop 1.5.8 Business.

All works perfectly except for the incorrect coupon amount displayed in the email. I've read through several threads on this topic and tried different suggested settings, but unfortunately found no possible solution except for upgrading to Hikashop 1.6.0. However, the development and customisation has taken several months and the product has to be launched ASAP, so losing all customisation is not an option at this point.

Please let me know if there's any way to fix this on the current version I'm running and if you need any login details for the site.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #88799 by Xavier
Hi,

I don't have the oldest HikaShop version on my computer, so I can't see what changes have been made.
Since the 1.5.8, we released the 1.6.0 and 2.0.0 and now 2.1.0

What I suggest is to install the newest on a new test website and try to compare the content of the email, and see where the coupon data is taken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #90238 by Vicka
Thank you for your prompt response. Launched without the coupon, but I upgraded today and the discount issue has been resolved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum