- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 1 week ago #66292
by brentwilliams2
Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion was created by brentwilliams2
When a user completes a payment in PayPal, the site never updates to "confirmed". I read through the
documentation about notifications
, and I believe I have done all of those with no luck. I am running Admin Tools as my firewall, and they have a section that talks about [url=CSRF/Anti-spam form protection (CSRFShield)]this very issue[/url], and I have followed those instructions. (It is in the "CSRF/Anti-spam form protection (CSRFShield)" section).
So I think I am stuck. Any help?
(Is there a premium support option here? I don't mind paying something reasonable to get this worked out sooner rather than later...)
Joomla 1.5.26
Hikashop 1.6.0
So I think I am stuck. Any help?
(Is there a premium support option here? I don't mind paying something reasonable to get this worked out sooner rather than later...)
Joomla 1.5.26
Hikashop 1.6.0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 1 week ago #66338
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
Hi,
Can you show me how did you configured you Paypal method with a screenshot ?
Can you show me how did you configured you Paypal method with a screenshot ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
14 years 1 week ago #66423
by brentwilliams2
Replied by brentwilliams2 on topic Re: Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
Sure, thanks! (By the way, I have tested with the "Return Method" both off and on.)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 week ago #66477
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
Hi,
Please try to deactivate Admin Tools and see if that helps for new orders.
If so, then you might have missed something in the configuration of Admin Tools.
If that still doesn't solve the problem, you should activate the debug mode of the payment plugin, do a purchase and look at the payment log of the Files tab of the configuration. That will give traces of what's going on with the notifications.
Please try to deactivate Admin Tools and see if that helps for new orders.
If so, then you might have missed something in the configuration of Admin Tools.
If that still doesn't solve the problem, you should activate the debug mode of the payment plugin, do a purchase and look at the payment log of the Files tab of the configuration. That will give traces of what's going on with the notifications.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
14 years 1 week ago #66538
by brentwilliams2
Replied by brentwilliams2 on topic Re: Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
Thanks - here are the results of the tests:
1) Disabled Admin Tools plugin and unpublished component - Did not work. Order still only shows as "created" rather than confirmed.
2) I kept both the plugin and component unpublished, and turned on debug mode. However, the report says, "The log file is empty [location of log file]".
So I think I am still stuck...
1) Disabled Admin Tools plugin and unpublished component - Did not work. Order still only shows as "created" rather than confirmed.
2) I kept both the plugin and component unpublished, and turned on debug mode. However, the report says, "The log file is empty [location of log file]".
So I think I am still stuck...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 week ago #66659
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
Please check that the log file exist and that it is writable via FTP and try again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
14 years 1 week ago #66673
by brentwilliams2
Replied by brentwilliams2 on topic Re: Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
I looked and there was no logs folder at all. So I created the logs folder and tried again, but still no file. (I didn't know if the system would create the file)
So I created a blank file with the name that the system appeared to be searching for. It had permissions of 644. Did not work.
So I created a blank file with the name that the system appeared to be searching for. It had permissions of 644. Did not work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 days ago #66880
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
Please try with the permission 666 for the file.
If the file is still blank, it means that no notification was received by HikaShop at all.
So that would mean that a firewall or a htaccess or the fact that you would be on localhost or something like that is totally blocking notification requests from PayPal servers.
If the file is still blank, it means that no notification was received by HikaShop at all.
So that would mean that a firewall or a htaccess or the fact that you would be on localhost or something like that is totally blocking notification requests from PayPal servers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
14 years 4 days ago #66988
by brentwilliams2
Replied by brentwilliams2 on topic Re: Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
Ok, I disabled firewall, but maybe there is still something going on there. Just to make sure I understand. If I just create a blank document with the log name and put it in that directory, that should work, correct? (It doesn't need to be actually created by the component, right?)
Thanks.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 days ago #67121
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
It should work yes.
It doesn't need to be created by HikaShop.
It just needs to be writable by HikaShop.
It doesn't need to be created by HikaShop.
It just needs to be writable by HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
13 years 9 months ago #80986
by brentwilliams2
Replied by brentwilliams2 on topic Re: Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
Hi again... I have been talking with Nicolas at Admin Tools and he said that based upon the steps that I have taken, Admin Tools is not causing any issues. As a note, I saw that simply going to the
log file
I created earlier gives me a 403 Forbidden error. Permissions are set to 666 like you mentioned, so do you have any idea why that would happen?
The following user(s) said Thank You: gil
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #81097
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion
Hi,
Log file is protected from reading thanks to htaccess (the safe directory). It is totally logical and better for your security
You can read it thanks to the HikaShop backend : System > Configuration > Files > Payment log file > See the report
Regards,
Log file is protected from reading thanks to htaccess (the safe directory). It is totally logical and better for your security
You can read it thanks to the HikaShop backend : System > Configuration > Files > Payment log file > See the report
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds