- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 0
Dual URL entry points
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #70009
by lukehold
Dual URL entry points was created by lukehold
Hi, I run Hikashop Business on my site and for the most part I am pretty pleased. However, I am having issues with menu's causing duplicates of URLs and would really like to resolve it, so I will explain it as clearly as I can.
My site is notascratch.com . My problem is that all Hikashop product and category URLS are being duplicated, dependent on which menu link was used to get there.
For example;
Path 1: From the index page you can see my main menu along the top, with a link for CUSTOM CASES. Clicking this moves the user to notascratch.com/custom-cases . Then, clicking the 'Photo engraved iPhone cases' link leads the user to notascratch.com/custom-cases/category/26...ngraved-iphone-cases .
Path 2: From the index page again, click the drop-down menu item PHOTO ENGRAVED - a sub-menu of CUSTOM CASES. This skips a step and leads the user directly to notascratch.com/custom-cases/photo-engraved .
The two URLs are not identical.
I want to remove path 1 and its long URL's, and only use path 2. Note that this example is true of every item in my shop.
Please help,
Luke
My site is notascratch.com . My problem is that all Hikashop product and category URLS are being duplicated, dependent on which menu link was used to get there.
For example;
Path 1: From the index page you can see my main menu along the top, with a link for CUSTOM CASES. Clicking this moves the user to notascratch.com/custom-cases . Then, clicking the 'Photo engraved iPhone cases' link leads the user to notascratch.com/custom-cases/category/26...ngraved-iphone-cases .
Path 2: From the index page again, click the drop-down menu item PHOTO ENGRAVED - a sub-menu of CUSTOM CASES. This skips a step and leads the user directly to notascratch.com/custom-cases/photo-engraved .
The two URLs are not identical.
I want to remove path 1 and its long URL's, and only use path 2. Note that this example is true of every item in my shop.
Please help,
Luke
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by lukehold.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #70161
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Dual URL entry points
Hi,
Here is more information on that issue:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/53780...que-product-url.html
Here is more information on that issue:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/53780...que-product-url.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #70191
by lukehold
Replied by lukehold on topic Re: Dual URL entry points
Hi Nicholas,
Sadly that isn't working for me. That module redirects single pages as far as I can tell and I need whole directories. I'm stumped.
Sadly that isn't working for me. That module redirects single pages as far as I can tell and I need whole directories. I'm stumped.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #70283
by lukehold
Replied by lukehold on topic Re: Dual URL entry points
Okay, it was my error. I talked to someone over at ReDJ and they talked me through it. All working now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds