- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 0
show related products on product page only?
13 years 11 months ago #70285
by lukehold
show related products on product page only? was created by lukehold
Hi,
I am trying to get it to work so that my related products module only shows on the actual product page, not the mother product page that shows all the products in that category. I.e., only on:
notascratch.com/iphone-4-4s-cases/cherry/product/25-snake
but not on:
notascratch.com/iphone-4-4s-cases/cherry
like it is currently doing. This is a problem for me because this second link is showing all products, and then the related products underneath too with significant overlap. Is there any way to show only on the actual unique product page?
Thanks,
Luke
I am trying to get it to work so that my related products module only shows on the actual product page, not the mother product page that shows all the products in that category. I.e., only on:
notascratch.com/iphone-4-4s-cases/cherry/product/25-snake
but not on:
notascratch.com/iphone-4-4s-cases/cherry
like it is currently doing. This is a problem for me because this second link is showing all products, and then the related products underneath too with significant overlap. Is there any way to show only on the actual unique product page?
Thanks,
Luke
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #70337
by lukehold
Replied by lukehold on topic Re: show related products on product page only?
Topic can be closed. I found that using Advanced Module Manager allowed me to publish the module only when seeing the product category and the URL displayed '/product' directory. This means it shows on all independent product pages, but not on product category pages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #71894
by helenbn
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Replied by helenbn on topic Re: show related products on product page only?
Hi, I am trying to do this as well with Advanced Mod manager but it is not working. Can you be more specific on how you did this?
Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #72130
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: show related products on product page only?
Hi,
I've never used Advanced Module Manager so I can't say, but why not ask on AMM's forum for help regarding that ?
I've never used Advanced Module Manager so I can't say, but why not ask on AMM's forum for help regarding that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #72167
by lukehold
Replied by lukehold on topic Re: show related products on product page only?
Hi Helen,
With Advanced Manager (free mode) you can specify details in the Module Assignment tab. I asked for the module to show in the categories I wanted and also, further down the list under the URL heading, to show only on pages with /product in the url. This meant it didn't show on the category main page, or parent level of the relevant shop menu.
Does that help?
With Advanced Manager (free mode) you can specify details in the Module Assignment tab. I asked for the module to show in the categories I wanted and also, further down the list under the URL heading, to show only on pages with /product in the url. This meant it didn't show on the category main page, or parent level of the relevant shop menu.
Does that help?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #163623
by renDS
Replied by renDS on topic Re: show related products on product page only?
Nice one Luke.
Advanced module manager works a treat
Advanced module manager works a treat
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds