Joomla updater not finding my valid licence
Can you send me by email (jerome at hikashop;com) more information about :
- the login who have the license attached
- your previous domain that is no more used
- your new domain that is now use
- a screenshot of your error
Thanks
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
After that I have been looking in my database, and in the _update the wrong url is listing in the Hikashop update.. Can this be the reason to my fail?
I'm using firebug, forumsearch, dokumentation and then I ask.. It's so easy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have re-check your license and the domain is right attached to your license.
I will send you an email with more information.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Wehn you change the domain of your website, you have to update the information of your license but you have to update the "joomla updater" url too.
Because your license key would change. By reinstallating HikaShop, it would update your license key.
Otherwise, you can send me a pm with your new website url and I would send you the corresponding update url.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
What do I need to do?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
With the Your Subscription page ( www.hikashop.com/en/account/your-subscriptions.html ) you can change the website attached to your license.
Best regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
Should I just give this page www.hikashop.com/en/account/your-subscriptions.html the wrong address ( beta.mywebsite.com ) or can I get into Hikashop and tell it that it is now running at www.mywebsite.com ?
Thanks,
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's probably that you didn't empty the cache of the joomla updater where the beta.mywebsite.com website is still referenced.
You should go in the joomla updater and click on the "purge cache" button so that it gets the new URL from our website again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
Assuming you mean the page that is called "Extension Manager: Update", I had done this before, and I have tried again. It purges the cache (says you have no updates), but then when I click 'find updates' it comes back again with the error message referencing beta.mywebsite.com
It is like the 'beta.mywebsite.com' is hardcoded into the Hikashop installation somewhere, since this is where I originally installed it. Could this be the case?
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is no such thing in HikaShop.
However, there may be in Joomla. you should check the configuration.php file of Joomla. Sometimes the URL of the website is set there instead of being retrieved dynamically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
I tried this too. configuration.php on the root of the live site has no reference to beta whatsoever. The variable $host (which I assume is where this might be set) is as below:
public $host = 'localhost';
configuration.php no longer exists on the beta site.
See the attached, just to be sure I am explaining things correctly (and yes, this is after I have purged the cache).
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ok, I know what it is. That's because the data in the database of Joomla is not up to date.
In recent versions of HikaShop, that will be updated automatically when you access the HikaShop configuration and the problem won't happen. But that was not the case with HikaShop 1.6
So the solution for you would be to manually update to not have the error anymore (you can do that by downloading the package via the menu Help->Update of HikaShop and installing it via the joomla installer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.