- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 0
When Adding Options (that have variants) to a prod
13 years 10 months ago #79153
by bigchumpy
When Adding Options (that have variants) to a prod was created by bigchumpy
Hi Nicolas,
I hope I'm not off base here.
1. I notice that if I add an option (Optional purchase) to a product it automatically has "No/Yes" and "No" is the default option.
2. If I add an option (A product that has variants) then only the two variant options appear and the default is not "No".
As a result, the second option (#2) is mandatorily added to the shopping cart and the customer does not have the ability to opt out.
Thanks
Shane
I hope I'm not off base here.
1. I notice that if I add an option (Optional purchase) to a product it automatically has "No/Yes" and "No" is the default option.
2. If I add an option (A product that has variants) then only the two variant options appear and the default is not "No".
As a result, the second option (#2) is mandatorily added to the shopping cart and the customer does not have the ability to opt out.
Thanks
Shane
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #79195
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic When Adding Options (that have variants) to a prod
Hi,
Thanks for the report, a solution for that is add a new variant for the product added in option, set the name to "No" and a price of "0.0001".
Thanks for the report, a solution for that is add a new variant for the product added in option, set the name to "No" and a price of "0.0001".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #79280
by bigchumpy
Replied by bigchumpy on topic When Adding Options (that have variants) to a prod
OK, I think I get what you're saying. If I add a variant called "No" and the price of "0.0001" and set that as default, then I still get an item called "No" at "0.00" added to the cart when I check out. As far as it's concerned it thinks I'm adding a free item called "No" I need it to just not show up in the cart at all.. Am I missing something obvious?
Shane
Shane
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by bigchumpy.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #79289
by bigchumpy
Replied by bigchumpy on topic When Adding Options (that have variants) to a prod
Found the solution here, Option #2
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/55890...eristicsq.html#55890
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/55890...eristicsq.html#55890
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds